North-East Students, Complete Higher Studies with Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019
Published on : 13 Jul 2018
The University Grants Commission under MHRD, Government of India invites North-East students to apply for the special scholarship scheme named as Ishan Uday Scholarship for 2019-20 sessions. Through this initiative program, the government aims to promote higher education and increase Gross Enrollment Ratio for NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, technical, and professional courses. Candidates who will be selected for the fellowship will get up to ₹ 7800 until the completion of their degree course. The application form for Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2019 is available now at the official portal, while the last date to submit applications for the same will be 31st October 2019. Check more details regarding the scholarship scheme through this article.
Ishan Uday Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Oct 2019|
|Class / Course||Class 12, Post Graduates, Undergraduates, Graduate|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate, Post Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 7,800 per month|
|State||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Every year a total of 10,000 fresh scholarships are dispersed to the meritorious students of North-east region who are belonging to the economically weaker background.
Benefits under the Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Those students who are selected for the scholarship can avail ₹ 5,400 per month to pursue General course. If they get enrolled in the professional/ technical course, then they can avail ₹ 7,800 per month.
- All benefits are transferred through the DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode.
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2019 –
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019-20 Events
Application process starts on
14th August 2019
Last date to apply for the scheme
31st October 2019
Last date for defect verification
15th November 2019
Last date for Institute verification
15th November 2019
Eligibility for the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019
- Only undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- An applicant should have a domicile in the North Eastern Region. They should have completed Class 12th from any recognized school/college/ university in the North –Eastern Region including CBSE, ICSE, and NIOS (National Institute for Open Schooling).
- An applicant should have taken admission in any Professional, General or the Technical course in the UGC approved college/ institution. Even if, a student has taken admission in the Integrated course can avail benefits under the scholarship for the complete duration of the course. In case of the dual degree courses, benefits will be extended only for the first-degree course.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed ₹4.5 lakhs.
How to Apply
- Visit the official portal of the National Scholarship Portal and explore the “New Registration” link.
- Now, read the guidelines carefully and tap the “Continue” button.
- After this, select the state of domicile, scheme type, scholarship category and click on Continue.
- Fill the complete Ishan Uday 2019 Application form and enter all the asked details to submit your application.
Selection Process -
More than 10,000 students will be given this scholarship by UGC per year. If in any year, the number of candidates increases the limit, the scholarship will be provided on the basis of performance in class 12th exams.
Required Documents –
Following are the most important documents which will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NSP:
- Domicile certificate
- Proof of annual family income
- 10th/12th/Bachelors mark sheet
- Identity proof
- Address proof
Subscribe Now for Ishan Uday Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.