E-Grantz Scholarship Portal - Overview, Application Process, Eligibility, Benefits & Status
The Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Classes Development Departments of Government of Kerala has started a dedicated online portal, E-Grantz, for centralized disbursement of scholarships to eligible students in the state. The portal lists pre-matric and post-matric level scholarships for the reserved category candidates. Candidates can submit their online applications easily through the portal. If students are unable to submit an application, their respective institutes can also submit the online applications on their behalf. A new version named E-Grantz 3.0 was launched recently to offer more transparent and quick services. For details related to eligibility, benefits, and the application process for the E-Grantz scholarships, read the article below.
Latest Update - Candidates are required to apply for the scholarship on the E-Grantz portal within one week after taking admission in any course.
Table of Contents
E-Grantz - Key Highlights
Name of the Portal
SC/ ST/ OBC Development Departments, Government of Kerala
Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships
Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBCs), Other Eligible Communities (OECs), and other socially/ economically backward communities
Within a week of taking admission in any course
Scroll left or right to view full table
E Grantz Scholarship - Eligibility Criteria
Scholarships and schemes on the E-Grantz portal have pre-defined eligibility conditions which are to be met by the candidates before filling the application form. The eligibility conditions are as follows:
Domicile - Candidates must have a domicile of Kerala.
Academic Qualification -
1. Must be studying at a pre-matric or post-matriculation level of studies in a recognized board/ university.
2. Must have taken admission under merit and reservation quota.
Eligible Categories - Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBCs), Other Eligible Communities (OECs), and other socially/ economically backward communities
1. No income limitation for SC and OECs.
2. For OBC category candidates, the income limit is ₹ 1 lakh per annum.
3. For those belonging to other categories, the income limit is ₹ 1 lakh per annum.
Courses Covered - Diploma, Degree, Doctoral, Higher Secondary, Polytechnic, Post Graduate, Professional, and VHSE courses.
Rewards under E-Grantz
The rewards under the E-Grantz scholarships depend upon the academic qualification and category. The awards offered to candidates are as under:
For SC and OEC category students
- A stipend of ₹ 630 for students who study in a college less than 8 km from their residence and ₹ 750 for those whose college is more than 8 km from their residence.
- For those who are pursuing a professional course and are residing by themselves, the stipend will be ₹ 1500.
For the OBC category students
- ₹ 160 as a stipend for those pursuing +2 courses.
- ₹ 250 as a stipend for those pursuing professional or PG courses.
- ₹ 150 as a stipend for those pursuing the polytechnic course.
E-Grantz - Application Process 2022
Applications for various scholarships are to be submitted online through the official portal. The step-by-step procedure is mentioned below:
- Go to the official E-Grantz 3.0 portal.
- Click on the ‘One-Time Registration’ button at the bottom.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and name.
- Click on the ‘Validate Aadhaar’ button.
- Fill in further information such as mobile number, date of birth, email ID, and password.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button.
Complete the Profile
- After successful registration, candidates need to log in using their email ID and password.
- Once the login is done, students are required to complete their profile with information viz. Basic details, other details, bank details, documents to be uploaded, and institution details.
Applying for the Scholarship
- After the Profile is complete, click on the ‘Apply for Scholarships - Post-Matric/ Pre-Matric’ option.
- A list of scholarships (as per your eligibility) will appear on the screen.
- Select the scholarship and start the application process.
- Provide all the details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Finally, submit the application form.
E-Grantz - Check Application Status
Candidates can also check the real-time status of their applications through the online portal. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Visit the official E-Grantz 3.0 portal.
- Click on the ‘Track Application’ button at the bottom of the home page.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and date of birth and click on the ‘Track Application’ button.
- The details of the application will appear on the screen. Details such as application status, application number, scheme name, applicant name, application location, date of application received, etc. will be displayed.