Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST Students
University Grants Commission (UGC) has come up with the scheme known as Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST Students. This scholarship platform is belonging to SC/ST students who are pursuing professional courses at the postgraduate level recognized by MCI, PCI, DCI, RCI, NCTE Bar Council of India, AICTE and other such regulatory bodies. The application dates for Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-21 is not announced yet. However, it is expected to release in the mid week of August 2020 and will available till 15th January 2021 (tentative).
Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses: Quick Overview
|Deadline||15 Jan 2021|
|Class / Course||Professional Courses|
|Scholarship Type||College Level Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Up to ₹ 7,800 per month till the completion of PG course|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Every year around 1,000 students can avail benefits under this scheme. This scheme is available for both boys and girls who are currently studying in the first year of the course that they are pursuing.
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
For the Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-21, 1000 of potential students will be selected for the disbursal of the scholarship. ME/M.Tech. students who will be selected under this scholarship scheme will receive ₹ 7,800 per month for the duration of their PG course. Students studying other professional courses will get ₹ 4,500 per month as the scholarship amount.
Who Can Apply for UGC Post Graduate Scholarship 2020?
Candidates need to pursue the following criteria to apply for the scheme:
- The candidate must be belonging to the SC/ST category.
- The candidate must be pursuing the first year of a professional course at the postgraduate level during the current academic year.
- He/she must be studying in any of the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and are eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government
- Institutes of National Importance
Note: Courses that came under the approval of the regulatory bodies such as MCI, DCI, PCI, RCI, NCTIS, NCTE Bar Council of India, AICTE, ICAR, INC, Forensic Regulatory & Development Authority of India, are considered as professional courses.
How to Apply for PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-21?
You can pursue the following steps to apply for the scholarship:
- Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on 'New Registration'.
- Read the guidelines; select the undertaking and click on the 'Continue' button.
- Now, select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write down the details like applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- In the next step, provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number) and select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references (especially to track your application).
Important Note: All the applicants are informed to fill the form correctly, as no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Documents Required to Submit Online
- One copy of Aadhaar card
- Bachelors marksheet (including each sem)
- Bank details
- Parents occupation certificate (if required)
- Annual income proof
- SC/ST caste certificate
Important Dates (Tentative)
Find the dates below:
Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-21
Beginning of application process
Mid-week of August 2020
Last date to apply
15th January 2021
21st March 2021
Scroll left or right to view full table
Important Norms To Follow
- Candidates pursuing professional PG courses through correspondence or distance learning mode are not eligible to apply.
- Courses like M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., MSW and Mass Communication and Journalism degree are considered non-professional courses.
- The host institution where the candidate is pursuing his/her PG studies needs to verify the candidate's online application.
- The scholarship benefits will be provided for a period of two/three years as per the duration of the PG course.
- 1000 shortlisted candidate will get the fellowship award from the date of joining the 1st year of PG course during the selection year.
- The scholarship amount will be transferred thorough Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- The scholarship amount would be forfeited if the candidate fails to get promoted to the next academic year of his/her course.
- The candidates will not be allowed a change in the course of study.
- The students should have scored a 1st class or equivalent CGPA/Grade during the first semester, second semester and the third-semester examinations to become eligible for the continuance of scholarship.