BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) is one of the most reputed private college of engineering in India. It has distinction of being one such institution of higher education where engineering, science and management are taught. Under the Parliamentary act of UGC,1956, it is given the status of deemed university. It was established in the era of pre-independence year in the 1929, and since then it has evolved from a regional engineering college to the level of the University of national importance.
Presently BITS has four centres in India and Dubai at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai. Every year BITS, Pilani, organizes and conducts examination for admission in its various UG and PG academic programmes of B.Tech, B.Pharma, and M.Sc Courses. The BITSAT (BIT Science Aptitude Test) Exam is a competitive examination which is held on national level. It is a computer based exam which tests the candidate’s science aptitude for various courses of engineering.
For further details about the BITSAT 2017, Exam read below this article.
Candidates who have done their 12th exam in 2015 or earlier are not eligible to apply for the BITSAT 2017, Exam.
Candidates applying for the aforesaid exam except for the B. Pharma exam, must have passed their 12th class exam with the combination of subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Maths with English, from any recognized board or university. They should have scored minimum of 75% marks in their PCM group of subjects.
Candidates who wish to apply for the B. Pharma exam of the BITSAT, should have passed their 12th class exams with the combination of the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Maths with English. They should have scored minimum of 75% marks.
Applicants who are appearing for their 12th exams are also eligible to appear for the exam.
Application Form Submission
The BITSAT or BITS Admission Test Application is available online only. There is no provision for the offline mode of the availability of the Application form. For the BITSAT 2017, Exam, candidate can get the Application form from the 1st week of January to the 1ST week of March. It should be submitted by the candidates by the 1st week of the March,2017. Hard copies of the Application form are not required to be sent by the candidates to the conducting authority. However, they must keep the hard copies of the filled Application form for the future reference of it.
How To Apply
Applicants must visit the official website of the BITS, Pilani to access the valid Application form for filling.
• They should fill their details like name, address, valid email id and mobile number to create their account. Once their account is created they are given login id and password on the email id. They should keep these details till the end of the procedure of their admission.
• Then they should fill their details about their educational qualifications, marks, address etc. on the Application form. They are advised to have its pre-view before they make final submissions of it. This will allow them to make corrections for errors that might have happened while filling the form. Even if they have made some mistakes while filling their application form, then they should wait for the opening of the online correction window by the BITS. Correction window enables candidates to correct their mistakes.
• They are required to upload the digital image of their photographs and signature also along with the Application form.
• Candidates are required to pay the application fee also along with their Application Form.
• Check below about the Application Fee,
• The Application Fee for BITSAT, 2017 Exam is Rs.2200.
• Female candidates are required to pay Rs. 1700/.
• Candidates who are selecting their Exam centres outside India in Dubai, are required to pay Rs.3100/. This is applicable for both male and female candidates.
• Application Fee should be paid -
I. Online through the Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card.
II. Offline through the cash payment at any bank branch of the ICICI Bank.
BITS Admission Test, examines students for their engineering aptitude. The question paper is divided into four sections which has 150 questions in total. It is an objective type of test into which each questions have multiple answers. A candidate is required to select the best possible answer of the question.
Find below the details of the exam-
|About the Exam Pattern||Details|
|Type of question paper||Objective type|
|Number of sections||150|
|Duration of the exam||3 hours|
|Mode of the exam||Computer based exam|
|Marking scheme||3 marks for each correct answer|
1 marks deducted for each in wrong answer.
There will be no deduction of marks for No Response.
Find below the marking distribution of the exam
|b) Logical Reasoning||10|
Important points to be noted –
1. Candidates appearing for B.Pharma exam of BITSAT should attempt the Biology section, whereas those appearing for other course/ programmes, they should attempt the Maths section questions.
2. The BITSAT contains 12 extra question for candidates who have high quotient of intelligence. Candidates wishing to prove their extra merit could attempt this section of the question paper on their will. But once they enter into this section of the question paper, they cannot return to the general section of the question paper. Hence it advised that once the candidates have finished their general section of the question paper only then they enter into this specific area of the question paper.
|About the Exam||Important Dates|
|Date of Exam.||3rd week of May to end week of May,2017|
|Avail Application from||1st week of January to 1st week of March,2017.|
|End date of submission of Application Form||1ST Week of March, 2017.|
|Opening of correction window for form||2nd week of March,2017.|
|Notice for Exam Slot Booking||3rd week of March to 2nd week of April,2017.|
|Notice for Centre of Exam Booking||2nd week of March,2017.|
|Admit Card issuance online||3rd week of April to 4th week of April,2017.|
|Admission notification||2nd week of May to last week of June, 2017.|
The candidates should look for the announcement of the waiting list till the 1st week of July, 2017.
Admit Card Issuance
The admit cards of the candidates will be issued in the 3rd week up to the last week of April, 2017. They could download admit card online from the official website of the BITS i.e. http://www.bitsadmission.com/fdmain.aspx. It is necessary to furnish one’s admit card at the centre of the exam.
Candidates after completing their test paper can submit it and see their results on their screen in few minutes. On their screen they can see the number of their correct answers and the marks deducted for their every incorrect response. Their total score for each sections of the questions paper and the total score will be displayed. However, the candidate will be able to know about their selection for the exam only after the preparation of the final merit list along with ranks.
Every year the cut off marks for admission in various UG and PG programmes of BITSAT varies. However, on the basis of the analysis of the previous year’s trends of exam, one can check below the expected cut –off marks for the year 2017 BITSAT exam –
Courses/Programmes at BITS Pilani Campus –
|Name of the Course||Expected Cut-off marks|
|B.E (Hons.) Chemical||309|
|B.E (Hons.) Civil||308|
|B.E (Hons.) Electrical & Electronic||343|
|B.E (Hons.) Mechanical||337|
|B.E (Hons.) Manufacturing||300|
|B.E (Hons.) Computer Science||354|
|B.E (Hons.) Electronic & Instrumentation.||332|
|M.Sc (Hons.) Biological Science||284|
|M.Sc (Hons.) Chemistry||295|
|M.Sc (Hons.) Mathematics||304|
|M.Sc (Hons.) Economic||308|
|M.Sc (Hons.) Physics||303|
Q. When one can get the Application form for the BITSAT 2017, Exam?
In the 1st week of January,2017 to 1st week of March,2017, one can obtain the application form of BITSAT, 2017, Exam.
Q. Can a student who has scored less than 75% of marks in PCM, apply for the BITSAT, Exam?
No. A candidate is required to have scored at least a minimum of 75% of marks in PCM in the 12th class.
Q. For which exam of BITSAT a candidate can apply if he has physics, chemistry and biology in 12th class?
A candidate with PCB can apply for the B.Pharma exam of BITSAT.
Q. How to apply for the exam, if one is given simply grade instead of an aggregate marks in his 12th class exams?
One should convert his grade into the percentage of marks as per the guidelines of the board/ university which has awarded the student a grade. Candidate should then also mention about the method by which he has converted his grade into the marks while submitting his application form.
Q. If a candidate is required to fill a separate application form for the different centres of the BITS colleges?
No, a candidate is not required to fill any separate application form for the different centres of the BITS, Pilani colleges. He should simply fill about the centres of his preferences in the application form.
Q. Can an NRI/OCI are eligible to appear for the exam?
No, they are not eligible to appear for the exam.
Q. If a candidate who has scored less than 75% of marks and is giving an exam for improvement, then will he be eligible for the exam?
Those candidates who are taking repeat exams only for few subjects are not eligible for the exam. If they are taking repeat exams of all the subjects in PCB/PCM only then will become eligible for the exam.