UGC NET 2020 exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) through the computer-based mode in September 2020. Here is the detailed pattern for the exam:
Latest UGC NET Exam 2020 Pattern -
UGC NET 2020 exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) through the computer-based mode on 24th, 25th, 29th and 30th September, 1st, 9th ,17th October and 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th and 13th November 2020. Here is the detailed pattern for the exam:
NTA has introduced a minor change in the UGC NET 2020 exam. Both the papers will be conducted in the single session of three hours. Earlier, there used to be a 30-minutes break between both the papers. Here is the new exam pattern:
Number of Questions
I (Teaching/Research Aptitude)
50 questions (all compulsory)
II (Subject Paper)
100 questions (all compulsory)
Paper-I consists of 50 questions on teaching/research aptitude, reasoning ability, divergent thinking, comprehension and general awareness.
Paper-II consists of 100 objective type questions of 2 marks each based on the subject selected by the candidates.
The NET 2020 June session will be conducted in a single shift of 3 hours through computer-based mode.
Recent Changes in the UGC NET 2019 Exam -
- With effect from December 2018, the exam will be conducted through Computer Based mode in two shifts. Earlier the exam was conducted through Pen-and-Paper based mode in only one shift.
- The upper age limit for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) has been increased by two years. It is now 30 years.
- Till 2017, there were three papers in the exam. Now, Paper III has been eliminated and the number of questions has also been changed. UGC has also changed the duration of papers. Here is the previous exam pattern and latest pattern to understand the changes:
UGC NET Syllabus 2020
The University Grants Commission has updated the syllabus for the UGC NET exam and the same has been circulated through a Public Notice uploaded on the official NTA NET website. The notice states,
“The University Grants Commission has updated the syllabus of all NET subjects (including Paper-I on General Awareness). The updated syllabus of UGC-NET (applicable for upcoming exams from June 2019 onwards) is available on UGC-NET website - www.ugcnetonline.in.”
We have compiled the UGC NET 2020 Syllabus at one place for aspirants’ convenience.
The Paper I or General Paper is common for all the candidates. Candidates are first required to appear in Paper I and then in Paper II which is their subject paper. The syllabus for General Paper I include topics related to Teaching and Research Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Mathematical Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, etc.
Here are the official UGC NET Syllabus for some of the popular UGC NET subjects (paper II):
UGC NET 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
The National Testing Agency issues an advisory stating some guidelines for the UGC NET candidates. All participants are recommended to read the advisory and instructions mentioned on the admit card carefully. Candidates can also go through instructions given below for better clarity.
Things to Carry On The Exam Day ✔️️
UGC NET 2020 is a computer-based test and candidates are given a pen/pencil and blank sheets for rough work. However, candidates are still advised to carry a pen/pencil to the exam centre to avoid any last minute hassle.
Things Not To Carry On The Exam Day ❌
UGC NET aspirants are not allowed to carry any metallic item or electronic gadgets/devices to the exam hall. It may be noted that there might also not be any provision for safe keeping of candidates’ valuables. Things that are strictly prohibited inside the exam hall include:
- Any kind of paper/stationery/textual material (printed or written material)
- Geometry/pencil box
- Eatables and water (loose or packed)
- Mobile phone/ear phone/microphone/pager
- Slide rules
- Log tables
- Tape recorder
Diabetic students are allowed to carry some eatables like sugar tablets, fruit and transparent water bottle to the exam hall. However, such candidates are not allowed to carry any packed food like chocolates, candy and sandwich.
???? Documents Required To Carry At The Exam Venue -
Important documents that candidates need to carry at UGC NET exam centre 2020 are:
- Admit card: Candidates need to carry a clear printout downloaded UGC NET admit card from NTA website.
- Passport size photo: They need to carry one passport size photograph preferably same as uploaded on the application form.
- ID proof: Carry a valid and original photo ID proof such as PAN card/driving license/voter ID card/passport/Aadhaar Card (with photograph)/e-Aadhaar/Ration Card to the test centre.
PwD certificate: Candidates who wish to claim relaxation under PwD category must carry their PwD certificate issued by the competent authority.