Top Courses after 12th in India for Science, Commerce, and Arts
What after class 12th? This is the common question every student has after class 12th result. The confusion regarding career, job opportunities, and different courses prevail among the students. According to counsellors, the confusion is due to the lack of information about the courses and their career prospects. There are different courses in India that are stream (Science, Commerce, and Arts) specific and others that can be pursued irrespective of the stream. Here, we are listing the top courses after 12th in India for Science, Commerce, and Arts streams along with a few popular professional courses. Candidates can check the complete list.
Some common questions that candidates have in their minds are:
- Should I choose a popular course?
- Should I go for a professional course irrespective of my stream?
- What exams do I need to take for admission?
- Which course will offer good career prospects?
A lot of factors also affect students’ choices such as parents’ dreams/ expectations, peer pressure, income/ salary in a career, economic condition of the family, candidate’s interest and preferences. To help candidates in making the right decision, here are some tips for choosing a course after 12th/ HSC.
Tips for Choosing the Right Course
We have compiled some suggestions for choosing the course. Here are some things that candidates must do before taking admission into any course. Consider these points before you choose any course:
Deciding the Aim: This is the best way of choosing any course. Moreover, those who have any career goal or aim, they know even before class 12th what they want to do. Even if you haven’t made any clear aim before class 12th, make one now. Having a goal will show you the right path and will also shortlist the options. We suggest students decide on their goals in class 12th only, if not before.
Consider your Interests: Consider your interests and make a list of your likings i.e. the subjects which you like and want to study in-depth. When you will shortlist the subjects, you can look for the courses in those particular subjects. Make a list of 10 to 15 options that match your interest. Don’t hesitate to include subjects which you haven’t studied in class 12th but are interested in pursuing. You just need to do a little study about these subjects (to check if they interest you).
Analysis: Now that you have shortlisted 10 to 15 options, analyse each option in your list thoroughly. Check for the facts like eligibility for the course, entrance exams/ admission process, top colleges, drawbacks, opportunities, growth, salary, etc related to each of the options. You can make a pros and cons list for each course to make a better decision.
Shortlist Again: Now considering the pros and cons of different options, shortlist your options again.
Some Practical Knowledge: After shortlisting 4 to 5 options or even less, get some practical knowledge about the courses and career from the ones who are pursuing the course or working in the field. You can also check out videos from professionals about their daily work routine, if available. Practical knowledge will give you more clarity. For eg, if you want to become a lawyer, you can visit a local lawyer and ask him/ her about their job profile, what the profession demands, etc. Ask them if you can spend some time with them to understand things better.
These points do require numerous efforts but putting the efforts will be worth it if you will find the right course. We hope these points will help you in making an informed decision.
Class 12th Result 2021
Before moving ahead, candidates can check out the class 12th result 2021 for various central and state boards. Here are the dates for different result declarations.
Check out the following links for Class XII results of some of the popular school boards in India –
- UP Board Class 12th Result 2021: Released on 31st July 2021 (Check Result)
- Bihar Board Class 12th Result 2021: Released on 26th March 2021 (Check Result)
- Maharashtra Board Class 12th result 2021: Released on 3rd August 2021 (Check Result)
- PSEB Class 12th Result 2021: Released on 30th July 2021 (Check Result)
- CISE ISC Class 12th Result 2021: Released on 24th July 2021 (Check Result)
- CBSE Class 12th Result 2021: Released on 31st July 2021 (Check Result)
Confident about the 12th result, but not sure what to do after that? This article is just for you. Read on…
What after completing class 12th?
This question occupies each student’s mind once they complete class 12th. Whether it’s their parents, relatives, teachers, neighbours or friends, everyone around them will ask the same question. While some students have an answer, others are confused. For those who are confused, it is best to understand all the available courses in detail. Besides, it is better to take more time in making such decisions than rushing into them and regretting it later.
The decision of pursuing any course will not only affect their professional life but will also play an essential role in their social life. Some of the most common mistakes students tend to make are; choosing the same course as their friends or selecting the choice of their parents. So, before making the final decision, they should go through all the top courses after 12th. Having an idea about these courses will help them in making a favourable choice.
Every student wins half of their battle by selecting a stream after class 10th. The course selection after class 12th depends on the stream chosen by them in class 10th, i.e. Science, Commerce or Arts. Furthermore, students should ask themselves about their areas of interest, skills they are good in as well as their goals in life. The answers to these questions will help them reach the course of their choice.
Therefore, when it comes to choosing the right career, students should not pick the most convenient option. Instead, they should select an option that motivates them. All of us have different interests, motivations and goals. Thus, every student should select a course based on these factors and not according to someone else’s choices. We at Exams Planner will help you understand the wide range of courses available for you.
Choices after class 12th at a glance
Students in India need to choose a stream based on their aptitude and grades after completing class 10th. But the chief factor while making this decision is their interest in a subject. A student should always opt for a stream where their interest lies. Moreover, there are plenty of options available for every student in each of these streams – Science, Commerce or Arts. Here’s a brief description of all these streams after class 10th: -
Students in the Science stream have the opportunity to choose from Mathematics and Biology. Thus, the Science stream can further be divided into:
- PCM (Physics – Chemistry – Mathematics)
- PCB (Physics – Chemistry – Biology)
Career Options after Class 12th for PCB Students - Click Here
Here are the options exclusively available for the students who opt for PCM or PCB. Some students go for both Mathematics and Biology (PCMB). Such students have both the options mentioned under PCM and PCB.
Courses after 12th Science with PCM:
PCM stands for Physics, Chemistry and Maths. These subjects along with English are compulsory for this stream. It is suitable for students who have an interest in Maths and for those who wish to pursue Engineering or Architecture in the future.
- Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech)
- B.Des Arch
- Integrated M.Sc Defence (Navy, Army, Airforce)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor in Computer Application
- Bachelor in naval architecture and ocean engineering
- Commercial Pilot course
- Merchant Navy courses
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Maths
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
|Latest Engineering Entrance Exams Calendar -Click here|
Scroll left or right to view full table
Courses after 12th Science with PCB:
PCB stands for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. These subjects together with English are compulsory for this stream. Students who have an interest in Biology choose this stream. It is the best choice for individuals who wish to pursue Medical or other related careers.
- BAMS (Ayurvedic)
- BHMS (Homoeopathy)
- BUMS (Unani)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.VSc AH)
- Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science (BNYS)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- General Nursing
- Paramedical Courses
- BMLT (Medical Lab Technology)
- Integrated M.Sc
- B.Sc. Botany
- B.Sc. Zoology
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Anthropology
- B.Sc. Radiography
- B.Sc. Dairy Technology
- B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics
- B.Sc. Home Science
- B.Sc. Speech and Language Therapy
- B.Sc. Rehabilitation Therapy
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Medical Technology
- B.Sc. Audiology
- Other B.Sc. Degree
|Latest Medical Entrance Exams Calendar -Click here|
Scroll left or right to view full table
Courses after 12th Commerce
This is one of the most popular streams among students after class 10th. In this, students get to learn about financial and management practices. It is suitable for students who have excellent analytical skills. They can opt for this stream with Maths as an additional subject. Other core subjects of Commerce are- Economics, Accounts and Business Studies.
- B.Com in Accounting and Commerce
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies)
- BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies)
- BCA (IT and Software)
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)
- Company Secretary (CS)
- Integrated Law Program (B.Com LLB and BBA LLB)
Courses after 12th Arts
Gone are the days when the Arts stream was for students with low scores. With changing times, this stream has also become popular among students. It offers some exceptional career options to students and is incredibly diverse.
- B.A. (Honors in Political Science)
- B.A. (Honors in Sociology)
- B.A. (Hons.) Economics
- B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
- B.A. (Hons.) Social Work
- B.A. (Hons) English
- B.A. Programme with Functional Hindi
- B.A. (Honors) History
- B.A. (Honors) English with Journalism
- B.A. (Journalism)
- B.A. (English)
- B.A. (Media & Communication)
- B.A. (Psychology)
- B.A. Tourism
- B.A. (Apparel Design & Merchandising)
- B.A. (Fine Arts)
- B.A. (History)
- B.A. (Geography)
- B.A. (Mass Communication)
- B.A. (Sociology)
- B.A. Economics
- B.A. LL.B.
Vocational/Professional Courses after 12th (not stream specific)
Vocational courses are not stream-specific. They allow students to do something different from the usual courses and will enable them to learn new skills. With these courses, students gain practical knowledge and prepare for a specialised career. There are various programs that are fit for students and make them job-ready. One of the advantages of selecting these courses is that they can be taken online as well. Other than that, there are few courses which are not expensive and are of shorter duration.
- B.Des. (Accessory Design)
- B.Des. (Fashion Design)
- B.Des. (Textile Design)
- B.Des. (Interior Design)
- B.Des. (Ceramic Design)
- B.Des. (Game Design)
- B.Des. (Leather Design)
- B.Des. (Multimedia Design)
- B.Des. (Jewellery & Metalsmithing Design)
- B.Des. (Graphic Design)
- B.Des. (Industrial Design)
- B.Des. (Knitwear Design)
- B.Sc Games & Interactive Media from Sheffield Hallam University
- B.Sc Multimedia & Animation
- B.Sc (Electronics Media)
- B.Sc (Hons) Digital Art & Technology
- B.Sc (Hospitality Studies)
- B.Sc (Mass Communication Journalism & Advertising)
- B.Sc in Animation (Distance Education)
- B.Sc in Fashion Designing & Apparel Designing
- B.Sc in Jewellery & Metalsmithing Design
- B.Sc in Fashion Technology
- B.Sc in Textile Design
- B.Sc in Interior Design
- Bachelor in Environmental Management
- Bachelor in Foreign Trade Management
- Bachelor in Foreign Language
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Textile and Leather Designing
- Diploma in Human Resources
- Diploma in Banking
- Diploma in Company Secretaryship
- Diploma in Infrastructure and Construction
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Interior Designing
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Tourism Management
- Diploma in TV/Filming Courses
- Diploma in Foreign Language
- Air Hostess
- Animation Film Making
- Animation Master
- Advance Diploma in 3D Animation- Expert
- Advance Diploma in 3D Animation
- Advance Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Advance Diploma in Interior Designing
- Advance Hair Diploma Holder
- Advanced Diploma in Digital Animation (Diploma in VFX & Animation)
- Advanced Diploma in Multimedia
- Foreign languages courses
We hope the information provided here would help you in making a well-informed career decision. Also, check out the - Top Professional Courses after 12th.