Tata Steel Announces Moodie Scholarship for SC/ST Students
The Tata Steel gives twin fellowships ‘Jyoti’ and ‘Moodie’ every year. It is meant especially for the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students of Jharkhand. The Moodie Scholarship aims at promoting higher education among the economically disadvantaged sections of students from Bankura, Midnapur, and Purulia districts of West Bengal. Under this scholarship programme, students from different streams like MCA, Medical, Polytechnic, Engineering, Biotechnology and Microbiology streams receive financial assistance to pursue their higher studies. This scholarship programme is funded by Mr. Finlay Moodie and Mrs. Sheila Ann Moodie, philanthropists from Great Britain.
Tata Steel Moodie Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||28 Feb 2018|
|Class / Course||Biotechnology, Polytechnic, Microbiology, MCA, Medical, Engineering|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate, Post Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 7,500 to ₹ 15,000|
|State||Jharkhand, West Bengal|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the Moodie Scholarship
- An applicant should belong to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category.
- The amount of the scholarship depends upon the level of the course attended by the student. For example, students in the Degree - ₹ 12000/ Diploma level - ₹ 8000/, and P.G – ₹ 12000/ or 15000.
Eligibility for the Moodie Scholarship
- Those students who are enrolled in the higher courses can apply for this scholarship.
- Students should be enrolled in any one of the following streams – Engineering, Polytechnic, Medical, MCA, Microbiology, and Biotechnology streams.
- He/ she should be from Midnapur, Bankura, and Purulia districts of West Bengal.