Saksham Scholarship 2020 Intended for Differently-Abled Students
Published on : 16 Mar 2020
‘Saksham’ scholarship is a Ministry of Human Resource Development Scheme. AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education) has implemented this programme for specially-abled students. This scheme provides them support and encouragement so that they can pursue technical education and find a job.
Under the scheme, candidates who are handy capable and pursuing technical degree/diploma courses from recognized institutions can apply for Saksham Scholarship 2020. With the scheme, a total of 1,000 students will be rewarded with ₹ 30,000 as a tuition fee reimbursement and other additional benefits. Find below the dates, eligibility, and selection process for Saksham Scholarship 2020.
Saksham Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||08 Oct 2019|
|Class / Course||Engineering 1st Year, Diploma|
|Scholarship Type||Disabled Students|
|Awarded Amount||Tuition Fee of ₹ 30,000|
|Apply Now||Click here|
With this great initiative of Saksham Scholarship, stupendous students will receive financial assistance for continuation of their professional studies. The application for the 2020 session has been over now. The last date to submit Saksham scholarship application form was 08th October 2019.
Benefits under the ‘Saksham’ Scholarship
Total Number of scholarships – The scheme offers a total of 1000 scholarships every year. Out of which 500 scholarships are meant for Degree applicants and 500 for Diploma applicants.
Duration of the scholarship – Till the completion of the Degree/ Diploma programme
Tuition Fee - Selected students receive a tuition fee of ₹ 30,000 every year till the end of the course. In case, tuition fee has been waived or reimbursed; candidates can still avail the ₹ 30,000 to purchase Books, laptop, desktop, vehicle, equipment, and software. Students also receive an additional amount of ₹ 2000 per month for 10 months.
Eligibility Criteria for the Saksham Scholarship 2020
The reservation principle of the scholarship includes 27% for OBC candidates, 15% for SC applicants and 7.5% for ST candidates. Students are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria: -
- Specially-abled or differently abled students with disability percentage, not less than 40 are eligible for the benefits of the ‘Saksham’ scholarship.
- Also, the annual family income of the applicant should not be more than 8 lakhs. In case of the married girl applicants, family income of her in-laws will be counted.
- Applicants enrolled in the 1st year of Degree/Diploma course in any AICTE recognised college or institutions are eligible for this scholarship.
- Application Criteria
Saksham scholarship is transferable in nature. It means, if any year, deserving candidates have not been found, then the scholarship will be transferred to the next year. Candidates can apply successfully by using the following steps:
- Register as a new user here.
- After registration, check your email and click on the confirmation link.
- Once the email is confirmed, use the registered email id and password to log-in.
- Fill up all the details (personal and academic details) in the application form.
- Upload/Attach all the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to send the application form.
- For queries, simply send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use Phone Number: 011-23724673 (from 9.30 am to.5.30 pm)
Saksham Scholarship Essential Documents
- A scanned copy of Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Preceding financial year’s annual family Income Certificate in the prescribed format issued by not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Disability certificate issued by a knowledgeable Authority
- Admission letter duly signed by the issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in Diploma/Degree course.
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute.
- Tuition fee receipt.
- AADHAR seeded Bank Pass Book in the name of the student indicating Account number, IFSC code, and Photograph
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC category.
- An Attested copy of AADHAR card.
- Declaration duly signed by parents stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund the Scholarship amount if found false at any stage.
Subscribe Now for Saksham Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.