Pursue Your Higher Studies with Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2019
The World Bank is offering an opportunity for the Indian and other World Bank Member Developing Countries scholars to apply for the PG and Master’s degree courses at selective universities of higher studies in the origin of Africa, USA, and Japan. Through this cumulative platform, igneous talent holder from the developing countries will get an opportunity to showcase their professional experience and get a prospect to channelize their practice in national development programs. Underneath the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2019, shortlisted students will entitle with the scholarship in the form of tuition fee waiver and living allowances.
Discussing more about the program, it is a joint venture of the World Bank and Government of Japan, facilitating with the great educational opportunities for the aspirants from developing countries at 16 partner institutions in USA, Japan, and Africa for 200+ courses. The final date to submit an online application for the fellowship program is 11th April 2019.
Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship: Quick Overview
|11 Apr 2019
|Class / Course
|Skill Based Scholarship
|Tuition fee waiver and living allowances
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program opens up a wide scale of opportunities for the meritorious apprentices and allows them to pursue their dream studies at the origin in Africa, USA, and Japan. Go through this piece of writing and figure out the benefits, selection criteria, important dates, eligible norms, and a lot more details of the two-year fellowship course.
More about the Program
Under this fellowship, students will get an in-depth exposure of a wide array of development-related topic including tax policy, economic policy management, infrastructure, and many more. Once these country representers completed their degree, they will commit to return back to their motherland and use their knowledge and new skills for the betterment of the nation’s economic and social development. Through this journey, students get a futuristic podium to support their country and move forward in the pathway of growth and expansion.
Joint Japan Graduate Scholarship Program 2019 - Fellowship Benefits & Rewards
The organization proffers several benefits to the qualifiers of the scheme and endows them with awards as follows:
- Travel accommodations- Economy class airfare from home country to host university, along with the grant of USD 500 as a travel allowance for each trip.
- Tuition fee waiver for the Master’s course.
- Basic medical insurance cost obtained through the university.
- A monthly stipend for the complete duration, of course, covering all living expenses (food, accommodations, books, etc). The monthly subsistence will vary depending on the host country.
Scholarship does not cover:
- Support student’s family members
- Additional travel expense during the course
- Educational equipment like computers
- VISA applications costs
- Extra-curricular training
- Cost related to supplementary educational materials, research, field trips, internships, and participation in seminars/workshops
Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Scheme: Eligibility Criteria
The comprehensive composition of eligibility norms are mentioned down below-
A student must hold citizenship of the World Bank member developing country, without any dual-citizenship.
The World Bank (Headquarters)
1818 H Street, NW Washington,
DC 20433, USA
Phone: (202) 473-1000
Email: [email protected]
Scroll left or right to view full table
Fascinating students can read the detailed structure of eligibility norms simply by clicking this link.
What are the Steps for Application?
Apprentices are advised to submit the online application form for the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2019, simply by follows these below-mentioning steps:
- Open the application link of the joint fellowship 2019.
- Register yourself first with the email address and confirm registration.
- Enter the necessary details in the application form and upload a copy of all the important documents required. A list of documents as follows-
- Qualifying Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Valid proof of full-time work experience
- CV in English
- Unconditional Official Admission Acceptance Letter from University (mandatory)
- Finally, submit your eligible entry online.
Selection Process of Graduate Scholarship Program 2019
The organizing committee will review the applications and scale all the eligible entries from 1 to 10. The main factors of distribution of marks are as under-
- Quality of Professional Experience (30% weight)
- Quality of Commitment to your Home Country (30% weight)
- Quality of Professional Recommendations (30% weight)
- Quality of Education Background (10% weight)
The students will be selected on the basis of the following criteria -
- Maintaining a reasonable distribution of awards across gender
- Maintaining a reasonable wide geographical distribution of awards
- Giving scholarships to those applicants who, other things being equal, have limited access to financial resources for graduate studies abroad.
- Unusual circumstances/hardships, when assessing the employment experience and other aspects of an application.
Important Dates & Norms
Terms & Conditions
Click here to know more details about the Terms and Conditions.
Scroll left or right to view full table