Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 to Pursue Masters in the UK
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are the most renowned fellowships in the world given to talented individuals with the potential to make change on the global stage. The fellowship has been introduced by the ministries of Commonwealth countries for its financially deprived candidates and makes them eligible to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
Each year around 800 students are given the chance to take admission in postgraduate degrees with UK universities. The applications for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship 2020 were conducted from 28th August 2019 to 25th December 2019. Scroll down the page to seek out the information regarding Commonwealth scholarship eligibility, dates, application process, benefits, and other useful details.
Commonwealth Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||25 Dec 2019|
|Class / Course||Masters Programme|
|Awarded Amount||Tuition fee, traveling charges, and other details|
|Country||United Kingdom (UK)|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Applications for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2020 (for all Commonwealth countries) are now closed. However, for 2021 session, the application window is likely to start from 31st August 2020 and will close on 24th December 2020.
More About the Commonwealth Scholarship 2020
The Commonwealth fellowship aimed to enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the skills and knowledge required for sustainable development. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Benefits under Commonwealth 2020 Scholarship
Every year, around 800 scholarships has been distributed for the astounding candidates across the globe. Under the scheme, shortlisted ones will receive a 50% tuition fee with additional stationary and travelling charges.
Eligibility for the Commonwealth 2018 Scholarship
- An applicant should be enrolled in the Masters or the Doctoral Programme.
- He/she should not be more than 40 years.
- An applicant for the Master’s course should have completed Bachelors. The Social Science graduates should have a minimum aggregate score of 60% marks. And the Science stream graduates should have a minimum aggregate score of 65% marks.
- An applicant for the Doctoral programme should have done the Masters. Those applicants who have done their Master’s with the Social Science subjects should have a minimum aggregate score of 60% marks. Those students who have done their Master’s with the Science subject should have a minimum aggregate score of 65% marks.
- A student is required to submit a proposal for his/her study plan. Those students who are applying for the Master’s programme should submit the study plan and those students who are applying for the Doctoral research studies should give the research outlay.
- There is no specific requirement for submitting the IELTS certification. However, a student will be required to prove his/her proficiency in the English language at the University.
How to Apply
- Firstly, interested students need to apply to one of the taught Masters courses offered in the Commonwealth shared scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship covers only Masters Courses, not undergraduate, PhD or any other English language teaching courses.
- The application must be made through the university you applied for.
- Follow all the admission policies and procedure provided by your applied university in order to carry on with the scholarship program.
- There may be a separate application form of admission provided by the university, make sure you fill it up properly in order to be eligible for the shared-scholarship.
- It is important to secure your admission spot in the university along with applying for the scholarship grant.