Commonwealth Scholarship 2018 to Pursue Masters in the UK
Published on : 14 Jul 2018
The Ministry of Human Resource Development has released the much-awaited notification for the Commonwealth 2018 Scholarship. Applications are invited from the eligible students for getting the benefits under the scholarship. This scholarship gives the opportunity to students to carry on their studies in the UK. They can avail financial assistance under this scholarship for 1 year for pursuing their Masters and for 3- 4 years for doing their research.
- Students can apply for the Commonwealth 2018 Scholarship on the MHRD website by – 7th February 2018.
- Students can apply for the Commonwealth 2018 Scholarship through the EAS (Electronic Application System) of the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission by – 22nd February 2018.
Commonwealth Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||22 Feb 2018|
|Class / Course||Masters Programme|
|Scholarship Type||Post Graduate, International|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Details about the Commonwealth 2018 Scholarship
For this year, the total number of scholarship is 65. Out of which around 26 are reserved for the Ph. D students. The beneficiary students will be able to avail the benefits of the scholarship by September/October 2018. The themes for the doctoral research are –
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Science and technology for development
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
Eligibility for the Commonwealth 2018 Scholarship
- An applicant should be enrolled in the Masters or the Doctoral Programme.
- He/she should not be more than 40 years by 7th February 2018.
- An applicant for the Master’s course should have completed Bachelors by October 2018. The Social Science graduates should have a minimum aggregate score of 60% marks. And the Science stream graduates should have a minimum aggregate score of 65% marks.
- An applicant for the Doctoral programme should have done the Masters by October 2018. Those applicants who have done their Master’s with the Social Science subjects should have a minimum aggregate score of 60% marks. Those students who have done their Master’s with the Science subject should have a minimum aggregate score of 65% marks.
- A student is required to submit a proposal for his/her study plan. Those students who are applying for the Master’s programme should submit the study plan and those students who are applying for the Doctoral research studies should give the research outlay.
- There is no specific requirement for submitting the IELTS certification. However, a student will be required to prove his/her proficiency in the English language at the University.
How to Apply
- Firstly, interested students need to apply to one of the taught Masters courses offered in the Commonwealth shared scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship covers only Masters Courses, not undergraduate, PhD or any other English language teaching courses.
- The application must be made through the university you applied for.
- Follow all the admission policies and procedure provided by your applied university in order to carry on with the scholarship program.
- There may be a separate application form of admission provided by the university, make sure you fill it up properly in order to be eligible for the shared-scholarship.
- It is important to secure your admission spot in the university along with applying for the scholarship grant.
Subscribe Now for Commonwealth Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.