UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2018 Dedicated to Women Applicants
The UGC (University Grant Commission) has started the Post-doctoral fellowship scheme for women candidates. Those women candidates who have completed their Ph. D (in any subject) but are currently unemployed can apply for this fellowship programme. The scheme aims at encouraging and motivating women candidates for the Post-doctoral studies. They are given the fellowship benefits for 5 years. The total number of the scholarship is 100.
UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Jun 2018|
|Class / Course||PHD|
|Scholarship Type||Master & Doctoral Programs|
|Awarded Amount||₹18, 000 per month, ₹20,000 per month After 2 years, ₹38, 800 per month for fresh candidates,|
|Age Limit||55 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Eligibility for the Postdoctoral Scholarship to Women candidates
- The applicant women candidates should be unemployed.
- An applicant should have done Ph. D. He/ she will be required to produce the certification for the Ph. D. Those students with Provisional Certificates can also apply for the scholarship.
- The General Category candidates should have minimum 55% marks at the Under-graduate level and 60% marks at the Post-graduation level. The reserved category candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD are given relaxation in the minimum marks requirement.
- The SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates should have minimum 50% marks at the Undergraduate level and 55% marks at the Post-graduation level.
- An applicant should not be more than 55 years of age. The reserved category candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD are given age-relaxation of 5 years.
- The applicant should produce the ‘No Objection Certificate’ duly under-signed by the Head of the institution.
- The Transgender candidates can apply for this scholarship.
Benefits under the Postdoctoral Scholarship to Women candidates
The women candidates are given financial assistance on the monthly basis as follows –
- Beneficiary students, in the beginning, are given ₹38,800 on the monthly basis.
- After 2 years they are given ₹46,500 on the monthly basis.
- They can also avail the benefit of the contingency grant on the annual basis for meeting any additional expenditure. Up to ₹ 50,000 can be availed on the annual basis in the form of the contingency grant.
- The blind or PwD students are given ₹2000 on the monthly basis for the reader or escort assistance.
- The HRA allowances are also given.
How to Apply
- Go through the official website of UGC i.e. www.ugc.ac.in.
- Look for the “Students Corner” option on the home page either in the middle or on the right side of the homepage.
- After that select the “Scholarships & Fellowships” option.
- A new page will open, with details of all kinds of scholarships and fellowships provided by UGC.
- Click on the correct link, which will lead you to a PDF file containing all the details of your chosen fellowship.
- Exit the PFD file once read and click on the APPLY NOW option next to your choice of fellowship.
- Complete the online application form.
- Check all the details and do not leave any option blank and hit “SUBMIT”
- Lastly, save the application and print it for further use and reference.