UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2018 Dedicated to Women Applicants
Last Updated : 13 Jan 2022
The UGC (University Grant Commission) has started the Post-doctoral fellowship scheme for women candidates. Those women candidates who have completed their Ph. D (in any subject) but are currently unemployed can apply for this fellowship programme. The scheme aims at encouraging and motivating women candidates for the Post-doctoral studies. They are given the fellowship benefits for 5 years. The total number of the scholarship is 100.
UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Jun 2018|
|Class / Course||PHD|
|Scholarship Type||Master & Doctoral Programs|
|Awarded Amount||₹18, 000 per month, ₹20,000 per month After 2 years, ₹38, 800 per month for fresh candidates,|
|Age Limit||55 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Eligibility for the Postdoctoral Scholarship to Women candidates
- The applicant women candidates should be unemployed.
- An applicant should have done Ph. D. He/ she will be required to produce the certification for the Ph. D. Those students with Provisional Certificates can also apply for the scholarship.
- The General Category candidates should have minimum 55% marks at the Under-graduate level and 60% marks at the Post-graduation level. The reserved category candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD are given relaxation in the minimum marks requirement.
- The SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates should have minimum 50% marks at the Undergraduate level and 55% marks at the Post-graduation level.
- An applicant should not be more than 55 years of age. The reserved category candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD are given age-relaxation of 5 years.
- The applicant should produce the ‘No Objection Certificate’ duly under-signed by the Head of the institution.
- The Transgender candidates can apply for this scholarship.
Benefits under the Postdoctoral Scholarship to Women candidates
The women candidates are given financial assistance on the monthly basis as follows –
- Beneficiary students, in the beginning, are given ₹38,800 on the monthly basis.
- After 2 years they are given ₹46,500 on the monthly basis.
- They can also avail the benefit of the contingency grant on the annual basis for meeting any additional expenditure. Up to ₹ 50,000 can be availed on the annual basis in the form of the contingency grant.
- The blind or PwD students are given ₹2000 on the monthly basis for the reader or escort assistance.
- The HRA allowances are also given.
How to Apply
- Go through the official website of UGC i.e. www.ugc.ac.in.
- Look for the “Students Corner” option on the home page either in the middle or on the right side of the homepage.
- After that select the “Scholarships & Fellowships” option.
- A new page will open, with details of all kinds of scholarships and fellowships provided by UGC.
- Click on the correct link, which will lead you to a PDF file containing all the details of your chosen fellowship.
- Exit the PFD file once read and click on the APPLY NOW option next to your choice of fellowship.
- Complete the online application form.
- Check all the details and do not leave any option blank and hit “SUBMIT”
- Lastly, save the application and print it for further use and reference.
Subscribe Now for UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.