UDAAN Scholarship Helps Girl Students Pursue Engineering Education
Published on : 18 Jul 2018
Applications are invited for CBSE UDAAN 2017 scholarship from girl students latest by 31 July, 2017. The scholarship encourages girls’ admission in engineering colleges.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has launched project UDAAN to encourage and prepare girl students for joining prestigious engineering colleges.
The last date to apply for CBSE UDAAN scholarship is 31 July, 2017. Students can apply online here http://22.214.171.124/online/onlineasp/udaan_2017/.
UDAAN Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||07 Aug 2017|
|Class / Course||Class 11|
|Awarded Amount||University fee, Exam fee, books, laptop, hostel, food|
|Age Limit||16 - 17 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Who can apply?
All girl students studying in Class XI (PCM stream) of NVs, KVs and Government schools under any recognized board or CBSE affiliated private schools.
Minimum overall marks of 70% in Class X and 80% in Science and Mathematics or a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics where CGPA marking scheme is followed are required.
Annual family income should be below 6 lakhs per annum.
Reservation policy will be followed as per JEE (Advanced) which is:
- OBC (Non-creamy layer): 27%
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- PWD: 3%
The CBSE UDAAN scholarship features the following benefits to selected candidates:
Virtual contact classes at approximately 60 city centres.
Motivation sessions for students and parents.
Helpline service for clarifying doubts.
Continuous monitoring of progress with useful feedback.
Free support for engineering entrance exam preparation via videos, tutorials and study material.
Candidates have to apply online in the prescribed format before the last date.
How to Apply
- Go to the official CBSE website.
- Go through all the details related to the UDAAN Scholarship.
- The student requires registering herself on the website before applying.
- Check for the login credentials on the registered email.
- Fill the form entirely without leaving any blank space anywhere.
- Upload or attach a photograph along with required documents such as academic results as well as identity proof.
- Save the application and take a print out of it for future reference.
- Only citizens of India can apply for this scholarship program.
- Girl students from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodya Vidyalaya and other Government schools affiliated to any Board in India can apply for this scholarship.
- The selection of students will be on merit.
- The scheme is for 1000 girls in total studying in class 11th and 12th. Out of which 500 girls from general category and 500 girls from the OBC/ST/SC category.
- The main agenda of the programme lies in helping the financially weak students. Thus, girls with an annual family income less than 6 lakhs get more preference.
Subscribe Now for UDAAN Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.