UDAAN Scholarship 2020 Helps Girl Students Pursue Engineering Education
Published on : 21 Feb 2020
Central Board of Secondary Education has distributed Udaan Scholarships amongst the meritorious girl students of class 11th with PCM stream (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics). Through the fellowship grants, candidates will be able to secure admission in the leading engineering colleges of the country. Students who want to apply for Udaan Scholarships 2020 needs to fulfil the criteria and fill their Udaan Registration Form Online through the official link. As per now, the applications for CBSE Udaan Scholarship Scheme 2020 is likely to be begin from 29th February 2020. Get more details regarding the same by accessing this article.
UDAAN Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||05 Jul 2020|
|Class / Course||Class 11|
|Scholarship Type||School Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Various rewards including University fee, Exam fee, books, laptop, hostel, and food|
|Age Limit||16 - 17 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Applications are invited for CBSE UDAAN 2020 scholarship from girl students latest by 29th February 2020 (Tentatively). The scholarship encourages girls’ to take admission in engineering colleges.
More About Udaan Scholarship Scheme 2020
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has launched project UDAAN to encourage and prepare girl students for joining prestigious engineering colleges. This fellowship program is designed for helping students who cannot afford quality education due to the high fees structure. UDAAN scholarships would encourage astonishing students to counter down their financial constraints and pursue academic excellence and career opportunities.
Benefit under CBSE Udaan Scholarship Scheme 2020
The CBSE UDAAN scholarship features the following benefits to selected candidates:
- Virtual contact classes at approximately 60 city centres.
- Motivation sessions for students and parents.
- Helpline service for clarifying doubts.
- Continuous monitoring of progress with useful feedback.
- Free support for engineering entrance exam preparation via videos, tutorials and study material.
Eligibility Criteria for Udaan Scholarship 2020
To successfully submit the Udaan Registration Form Online, one should fulfil the following eligibility norms:
- All girl students studying in Class XI (PCM stream) of NVs, KVs and Government schools under any recognized board or CBSE affiliated private schools.
- Minimum overall marks of 70% in Class X and 80% in Science and Mathematics or a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics where CGPA marking scheme is followed are required.
- Annual family income should be below 6 lakhs per annum.
- Reservation policy will be followed as per JEE (Advanced) which is:
CBSE Udaan Scholarship 2020
OBC (Non-creamy layer)
How to Apply (Udaan Scholarships 2020)
- Go to the official CBSE website.
- Go through all the details related to the UDAAN Scholarship.
- The student requires registering herself on the website before applying.
- Check for the login credentials on the registered email.
- Fill the form entirely without leaving any blank space anywhere.
- Upload or attach a photograph along with required documents such as academic results as well as identity proof.
- Save the application and take a print out of it for future reference.
- Only citizens of India can apply for this scholarship program.
- Girl students from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodya Vidyalaya and other Government schools affiliated to any Board in India can apply for this scholarship.
- The selection of students will be on merit.
- The scheme is for 1000 girls in total studying in class 11th and 12th. Out of which 500 girls from general category and 500 girls from the OBC/ST/SC category.
- The main agenda of the programme lies in helping the financially weak students. Thus, girls with an annual family income less than 6 lakhs get more preference.
Subscribe Now for UDAAN Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.