Avail A. S Hornby Scholarship for Masters in English: Dates, Benefits, Eligibility & Selection Process
The A.S Hornby Educational Trust invites applications from International English teachers to study ELT at the University of Warwick in the UK. This scholarship is given every year to English language teachers from the outside UK to study Masters in the English language.
Selected teachers under this scholarship will be able to pursue Masters in English from October to September.
A. S Hornby Scholarship - Quick Overview
A. S Hornby Scholarship
A.S Hornby Educational Trust
For Class / Course
Masters Programme (English)
16 Feb 2018
No Age Limit
All (No Limitation)
Scroll left or right to view full table
A. S Hornby Scholarship: Quick Overview
|16 Feb 2018
|Class / Course
|Masters Programme, English
|full tuition-fee, monthly stipend, cost of VISA, return Air tickets
Benefits under the A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship
This is a full scholarship programme under which all costs for studies are borne by the trust -
- It covers tuition-fee.
- A monthly stipend is given.
- Return Air- tickets.
- Cost of VISA.
- The cost of the IELTS test is reimbursed.
Eligibility for the A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship -
- An applicant should be an International teacher. He/ she should be from outside UK.
- The applicant should have a degree in University level education in English.
- He/she should have experience of teaching English for at least 2 years.
- Also, the applicant should have a minimum level of proficiency in the English language. It is tested through the IELTS score. An applicant should have an overall average score of 6.5 with a minimum sectional score of 6. In the written test, one should have a score of 6.5.
About the A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 1961 in the name of the famous English language teacher A. S Hornby. He developed the Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary. The scholarship aims at developing the standard of English language teaching across the world. Thus, English language teachers are selected from different parts of the globe for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- The mode of applying for this scholarship is online.
- It is needed to fill out and submit the application form before the prescribed deadline
- Go through all the guidelines mentioned here before applying.
- It is important to know whether or not you have all the required documents.
Applicants are selected through a four-stage process:-
- Application Form Assessment: In this process, the authority checks the quality and content of the application submitted by the candidate.
- Interview Round: Impressive application forms are selected followed by a face to face interview at the British Council Office in the candidate’s country.
- Application to the University: Those selected after the interview are required to apply to the university.
- University Acceptance: After the university accepts the application of the candidate, proper arrangements are made for the student to travel to the UK.