SC-ST Students, Complete M. Phil or Ph. D with RGNF Scheme
Last Updated : 06 Nov 2018
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in collaboration with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs runs RGNF (Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship) scheme for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students. This fellowship is meant for those SC and ST students who wish to pursue higher studies. They can avail benefits under this scholarship for pursuing full time and regular M.Phil. and Ph. D degrees in Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering, and Technology.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Jul 2018|
|Class / Course||Humanities, Social Sciences, PHD, M.PHILL, Science, Technology, Engineering|
|Scholarship Type||Master & Doctoral Programs|
|Awarded Amount||₹16000 per month for initial two years and ₹18000 per month for remaining tenure|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the RGNF
Number of Scholarships–
- For SC - 2000
- For ST – 667
- For Humanities, Social Science, and Science - ₹ 16,000 per month for 2 years. After 2 years, this amount is increased to ₹18,000 per month.
- Contingency ‘A’ (for Humanities, and Social Science) – ₹10,000 per annum for the initial 2 years. Afterwards, it is increased to ₹20,500.
- Contingency ‘B’ (for Science, Technology, and Engineering) - ₹12,000 per annum for the initial 2 years. Afterwards, it is increased to ₹25,000.
- HRA (Housing Rest Allowances) will be given to all beneficiaries as per the rules.
- For students of all subjects, ₹3000 per annum will be given to the host institution for infrastructure expenses.
- Blind students or PwD students will be given ₹2000 per month for availing reader/ escort assistance.
Eligibility under RGNF
- A candidate should be SC/ ST.
- He /she should have completed Postgraduation.
- A candidate should get enrolled in the M. Phil or Ph. D programme.
How to Apply
- Simply open the official website of UGC www.ugc.ac.in
- Look for “e-SARTS Scholarships-Fellowships” link on the right side of the homepage.
- After that, click on the “Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate” link.
- You will be prompted with a notification, read that carefully.
- Once read, click on the “Apply Now” button.
- The application form page will open, fill in the required details and attach the prescribed documents.
- Lastly, hit SUBMIT to submit the application.
Subscribe Now for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.