Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to help Minority Communities
Last Updated : 03 Sep 2018
The Post-Matric Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs was launched in 2006 under the Prime Minister’s 15 point programme. It focuses on students belonging from minority communities such as Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians/Parsis. The Government of India, under this scheme, offers help to students so that they can pursue higher education.
The basic aim is to encourage meritorious students from the minority community to opt for graduation and post-graduation courses.
Post-Matric Scholarship 2018 Latest Notification: The closing date to apply for the scheme is 30th September 2018. The result announcement will take place at the end of October 2018 or beginning of November 2018. Bookmark this page to get recent updates about the scholarship.
Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Aug 2018|
|Class / Course||Class 11, Class 12, Undergraduates, Graduate|
|Scholarship Type||School, Under Graduate, Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||Up to ₹ 10,000 as admission and tuition fee, ₹ 1,200 per month for maintenance|
|Age Limit||17 - 30 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Candidates can apply for the scholarship if they meet the following criterion: -
- The applicant must be studying in class 11th, 12th or pursuing graduation/post graduation in technical or vocational courses, M.Phil or PhD
- The student must have a score of at least 50% in the last examination.
- The candidate’s annual income should be ₹2 lakhs or less.
- He/she should belong to the minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain, and Zoroastrian/Parsi).
Benefits under this Scholarship
There are different benefits for students belonging to different groups.
Admission and tuition fee for undergraduate and postgraduate.
Hostellers: ₹ 3,000 per annum
Maintenance allowance for 10 months only in an academic year (Includes expenses for study material, etc.)
(1)Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level.
(2) Courses other than technical and professional courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Hostellers: ₹570 per month
(3)M. Phil and PhD (For those researchers who are not awarded any fellowship by the university or any other authority)
Day scholars: ₹550 per month
Scroll left or right to view full table
How to Apply for Post-Matric Scholarship
Here are the step-by-step guidelines to apply for the program: -
- Click here to visit the official page of the scholarship
- From the Central Schemes tab, select Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Click on the Apply button right next to Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Register as a new user
- Give bank details such as Bank name, IFS Code and Account Number)
- Provide mobile number for OTP and verification
- Login using OTP and Start filling the application form with all the personal and academic details.
- You will receive an Application ID and Password. Use that for the future references.
- Passport Size Photograph.
- Institution Verification Form.
- Self-declaration of the community by the student.
- Annual Family Income certificate.
- Previous Year Marksheet.
- Fee Receipt of current course year.
- Bank Account Proof in the name of the applicant.
- A copy of Aadhaar Card.
- Address Proof.
Terms and Conditions
It is important for each applicant to read and understand the following conditions related to the program: -
- Submit the form before the deadline.
- Candidates cannot make any changes in the application after submission.
- The applicant should not be availing any other scholarship.
- The student should not fill more than one application. Multiple applications can lead to termination.
- Only 2 candidates per family are eligible to apply.
- The authority will transfer course-fee, tuition fee, and allowance directly into the student’s bank account.
- Violation of any terms or rules by the student leads to scholarship termination.
- Candidates belonging to lowest income group receive preference.
Subscribe Now for Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.