Pursue Masters and Show your Leadership Skills with Rhodes-Scholarship
Excellent students, who have finished their graduation or are in the last year of the same, seeking after post-graduation are welcomed by the Oxford University, United Kingdom, to apply for the grant and get benefits related under this.
Rhodes scholarship: Quick Overview
|31 Jul 2018
|Class / Course
|Full tuition fee and maintenance allowance
|18 - 24 Years
About Rhodes-Scholarship Programme
The Rhodes scholarship program is the most well-known (set up 1903), and perhaps the most prestigious, global scholarship program in the world. Managed by the Rhodes Trust in Oxford, the program offers over 100 completely financed Scholarships every year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford in the UK - one of the world's leading colleges. Selection Committees for the Scholarships are searching for youthful leaders of exceptional talent and character who are motivated enough to deal with worldwide challenges and are focused on the administration of others and show promise of becoming value-driven, principled leaders for the world's future.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India, holding an Indian passport, or equivalent proof of citizenship; PIO or OCI card holders are not eligible.
- Only students who have completed (or will have completed by June / July 2019) their undergraduate/Bachelors degree with First Class, or equivalent are eligible.
- Candidates must have completed formal education of 4 years from a recognized Indian institute.
- The age of the applicant must lie between September 30, 1994, and 1 October 2000.
Benefits under the Rhodes-Scholarship
- Full tuition fee waiver (2 years)
- Maintenance allowance
- To-and Fro Travel allowance
- Character, Service and Leadership Development Training
- Life-long fellowship with constant networking opportunities with Senior Scholars
- A warm, inviting and comfortable environment to make friendships.
The Rhodes Selection Committees chooses students based on: -
- Academic excellence of the student i.e. literary and scholastic attainments
- Ability to use one's talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- The moral force of character and impulse to lead, and to take an interest in one's fellow beings.
How to Apply
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Rhodes scholarship programme.
Step 2: Select your country
Step 3: Download all three of the PDF attachments consisting of guidelines and understand the eligibility and background of the scholarship.
Step 4: Click on the “NOW OPEN” link written next to Application for Rhodes Scholarships 2019.
Step 5: A log-in page will open, register/create an account.
Step 6: Use the confirmed log-in credentials to get access to the application form.
Step 7: Fill up all the required details
Step 8: Attach/Upload the important documents
Step 9: Lastly, submit the application form
Applications must be submitted online by 23:59 India Standard Time, Tuesday, 31 July 2018.