Minority Communities, Avail Maulana Azad National Scholarship
Published on : 14 Jul 2018
The Ministry of the Minority Affairs, Government of India gives the scholarship to the minority students every year to pursue higher education at the Master’s level, Ph. D or Post-doctoral level. Under the definition of the minority the Sikh, Parsi, Muslim, Buddhist, Jain and Christian communities are included. They can avail the benefits under the scholarship to study in the streams of Social Sciences, Humanities, Technology and Engineering.
Maulana Azad National Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||15 Aug 2018|
|Class / Course||Engineering 1-4 Year, Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, Technology|
|Scholarship Type||Post Graduate, Ph.D|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 25,000 per month for initial two years (JRF) and ₹ 28,000 per month for remaining tenure (SRF)|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the Maulana Azad National Scholarship
Duration of the Scholarship
The duration of the benefits of the Maulana Azad National Scholarship is different for different levels of studies.
- For M. Phil – Maximum 2 Years
- For M. Phil and Ph. D - Maximum 5 Years
- Ph. D - Maximum 5 Years
It should be noted that the beneficiary students are given ₹25,000 per month for the initial 2 years as JRF. If they are promoted as the SRF, then they receive ₹28,000 per month for another 3 years.
Amount of the Scholarship
Fellowship amount for all streams – Junior Research fellows receive ₹25,000 and the Senior Research fellows receive ₹ 28,000 on the monthly basis
Contingency fund for the Humanities, Social Science, and Commerce – Students can get an additional amount annually for meeting any contingency requirement related to the studies. For the initial 2 years, they are given ₹10,000 annually and ₹ 20,500 annually for the rest of the 3 years period.
Contingency fund for the Science students –
- The Science students are given ₹12,000 annually for the initial 2 years. Thereafter, they can get ₹25,000 annually for rest of the 3 years period.
- The visually and physically challenged students can get an assistance of ₹ 2000 per month for availing the support of the reader or an escort.
Eligibility for the Maulana Azad National Scholarship
- A candidate should have a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks at the Post-graduation level.
- An applicant should have taken admission in the full-time or regular M. Phil or Ph. D course.
- A candidate should belong to the minority community defined under the Minority Act, 1992 Section (2). He/ she should belong to either of the communities – Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi. This is applicable to the transgender candidates as well. They are also eligible for the Maulana Azad National Scholarship.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not be more than ₹2.5 lakh annually.
How to Apply
- The application for the Maulana Azad Education Foundation scheme can be found online, on the official website. (click here)
- Interested can also download the form from www.maef.nic.in.
- There is no application fee or charges and the users can easily take a print out of the form.
- Send the application form by hand between 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on all working days in the office of the Foundation or by post.
- Selected candidates will receive the sanctioned letter/cheque by Reg. Post.
- Contact Secretary, MAEF for any query or information.
- Annual Income certificate
- Authentic mark-sheet of class 10th, attested by the school principal.
- Confirmation by the Head of present School/College
- Identity Proof with a photograph.
- Evidence of Religion certificate attested by the Principal of present university/college or educational institute.
Subscribe Now for Maulana Azad National Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.