Maulana Azad National Scholarship 2019 for Minority Communities
The Ministry of Minorities Affairs, Government of India invites applications for Maulana Azad National Fellowship also known as MANF Scholarship for minority students for the academic year 2019-20. The objective of the scholarship is to facilitate integrated five-year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students belonging for the minority communities including Sikh, Muslim, Parsi, Buddhist, Jain, and Christian communities. Through this program, astonishing students avail the benefits under the scholarship to study higher education at the Master’s, Post-doctoral (M.Phil), and PhD level.
Maulana Azad Fellowship 2019
The online registration for Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2019 is likely to be held from the 16th August 2019 to 10th October 2019. Candidates can check the important dates of the scheme through this below-provided table:
Maulana Azad Scholarship 2019 Events
Important Dates (Tentative)
Online Applications Starts on
16th August 2019
Last Date to Upload Necessary Documents
11th October 2019
Declaration of Results
Scroll left or right to view full table
Maulana Azad National Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||10 Oct 2019|
|Class / Course||Engineering 1-4 Year, Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, Technology|
|Scholarship Type||Post Graduate, Ph.D|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 25,000 per month for initial two years (JRF) and ₹ 28,000 per month for remaining tenure (SRF)|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the Maulana Azad National Scholarship
Duration of the Scholarship
As per the official release, the duration of the Maulana Azad National Scholarship is different for a different level of studies.
- For M. Phil – Maximum 2 Years
- For M. Phil and Ph. D - Maximum 5 Years
- Ph. D - Maximum 5 Years
It should be noted that the beneficiary students are given ₹25,000 per month for the initial 2 years as JRF. If they are promoted as the SRF, then they receive ₹28,000 per month for another 3 years.
Amount of the Scholarship
Fellowship amount for all streams – Junior Research fellows receive ₹25,000 and the Senior Research fellows receive ₹ 28,000 on the monthly basis
Contingency fund for the Humanities, Social Science, and Commerce – Students can get an additional amount annually for meeting any contingency requirement related to the studies. For the initial 2 years, they are given ₹10,000 annually and ₹ 20,500 annually for the rest of the 3 years period.
Contingency fund for the Science students –
- The Science students are given ₹12,000 annually for the initial 2 years. Thereafter, they can get ₹25,000 annually for rest of the 3 years period.
- The visually and physically challenged students can get an assistance of ₹ 2000 per month for availing the support of the reader or an escort.
Eligibility for the Maulana Azad National Scholarship
Interested candidates who want to submit their applications for Maulana Azad National Scholarship 2019 needs to fulfil the following eligibility conditions:
- A candidate should have a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks at the Post-graduation level.
- An applicant should have taken admission in the full-time or regular M. Phil or Ph. D course.
- A candidate should belong to the minority community defined under the Minority Act, 1992 Section (2). He/ she should belong to either of the communities – Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi. This is applicable to the transgender candidates as well. They are also eligible for the Maulana Azad National Scholarship.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not be more than ₹2.5 lakh annually.
How to Apply
- To apply for the fellowship program, one just has to follow the following provided steps:
- The application form for the Maulana Azad Education Foundation scheme can be found online by visiting the official website.
- Or you can explore the website link which is www.maef.nic.in. to download the MANF Application Form 2019.
- On the homepage, click on the “Apply Now” button and you will be redirected to application form portal where you need to fill your personal details carefully.
- Finally, submit your application form and take its print out for future reference.
Note: There is no application fee or charges, a candidate need to pay.
- Annual Income certificate
- Authentic mark-sheet of class 10th, attested by the school principal.
- Confirmation by the Head of present School/College
- Identity Proof with a photograph.
- Evidence of Religion certificate attested by the Principal of present university/college or educational institute.
Selection Criteria of the Scheme –
- The selection for “Maulana Azad National Scholarship 2019” will be completed based on the marks obtained by the candidates during their previous course/programme.
- More than this, candidates will also be shortlisted on the basis of their financial need.
Steps to Check Applied Scholarship Status –
Candidates who had applied for “MANF Fellowship 2019” can check their application status by using their Registration Number/ Aadhaar Number or Bank Account Number.
The steps to check the application status of the scholarship is mentioning down below:
- Go to the Maulana Azad Education Foundation Scholarship Portal.
- And then click on the link which states “Track Application Status” and you will be prompted to a new page.
- Here you need to enter the registration number of your applied application form and then type the Captcha Code in the asked field to view your application status.
Note: If in case, the aspirant faces any difficulty while applying online can contact the officials by following methods:
Phone No: 011-23583789, 011-23583788
Email Id: [email protected].
SAYMEEN firdous, September 28, 2019
When I apply 2019-2020
Exams Planner, October 11, 2019
You can tentatively apply in the month of August 2020. Keep a check at the official website.
Akshay, May 29, 2019
Thanks for providing useful information, I found one more scholarship for minorities girl students: Maulana Azad Scholarship.