Oxford University offers Clarendon Scholarship 2018 for Graduates
Published on : 17 Jul 2018
The Oxford University is one of the highly prestigious universities in the world. Students dream to study and earn a degree from the Oxford University. Luckily, the university offers various scholarship programmes through which it gives chance to meritorious students around the world to pursue their career at the Oxford University. For the academic year 2018-2019 alone, Oxford is offering around 1000 scholarships.
One of the most popular scholarship programmes that give the opportunity to international students is Clarendon Scholarship.
Clarendon Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||08 Jan 2018|
|Class / Course||Graduate|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||Yearly grant of up to 14,553 Pound|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Oxford’s Clarendon Scholarship 2018
The Clarendon Scholarship is one of the most popular scholarships among students. Every year, it offers 140 new scholarships to students. It is conferred upon such students who have an outstanding record at the graduation level. Like most of the Oxford University scholarship schemes, the Clarendon is also a fully-funded scholarship scheme. This scholarship aims at picking the brightest students from around the world to study at the Oxford University. In the academic session of 2017 -2018, approximately 400 Clarendon scholars from 70 different countries were given opportunity to study at the Oxford.
Eligibility for the Clarendon Scholarship 2018
- All students who have applied for the graduation programmes at the Oxford University automatically become eligible for this scholarship. Even the part–time course applicants are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic track record.
- This scholarship can be availed in any discipline.
- Those students who apply for the new D. Phil (at Oxford M. Phil is called as the D. Phil) before the closing date of applications in January.
- Applicants of any nationality are eligible for the Clarendon Scholarship.
Benefits under the Clarendon Scholarship 2018
- This is a fully-funded scholarship programme. Under which students overall cost of study at the Oxford University is reimbursed.
- Clarendon scholars are given full tuition-fee for the whole duration of their studies. Those students, who are part-time scholars, receive non-fee maintenance cost only.
- They are also paid the living cost of € 14,553. This much amount is usually more than sufficient for the students to maintain their livelihood.
Selection Procedure for the Clarendon Scholarship 2018
The Oxford University selection committee for the Clarendon scholarship follows different selection procedure for the different subjects. Overall, scholars are selected on the basis of their academic record, Aptitude score in the specific subject area, and their motivation to pursue a particular subject.
Academic Record of the Student
- In view of the large number of applicants for the Clarendon scholarship, only the top-ranked students are able to get selected.
- The students should hold first class degree honours or should be the first among the first class degree honours. Or, they should have a GPA score of 3.7 or more on the scale of 4.
- The high achievement-oriented students are also adjudged through their other records like awards in their subject, any special recognition letter from the previous university, any distinctive performance record, publication in newspapers, talent recognition by their own cohort group etc.
Level of Motivation
Applicants are also adjudged on the basis of their motivation towards any course programme at the Oxford University. If they exhibit deep interest, curiosity and rationality for any course programme reflected through their ‘Letter-of–Motivation’, then they will be selected for the Clarendon scholarship.
Aptitude Test Score
Besides motivation, applicants should have a good aptitude score in their subject/ research area. Aptitude refers to the sum total of the applicants scholastic IQ for any particular subject. The committee assesses the aptitude of the applicants through their research proposal, their innovative ideas and methods to pursue the research through which they are likely to make a major contribution in the field. The applicant’s reference letters also play a major role during selection.
To know more about the Clarendon Scholarship 2018 click on the given link – http://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon
Subscribe Now for Clarendon Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.