India’s PM Introduces National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement
Last Updated : 31 Aug 2020
National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement by the Ministry of Women and Child Development invites applications from young students. Children from age group of 5 to 18 with outstanding talent in fields like academics, arts, culture, design, and sports etc. can apply for it.
The awards were initiated in the year 1996 to identify children with excellent talents and abilities. Since then the award ceremony takes place every year in New Delhi. Candidates who are interested to apply for the 2020 session can do it so by accessing the official web portal of the scheme by 31st August 2020. Candidates must note that, applications received after due date will be considered for the awards in the next year.
Find the complete details of National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement 2020 Scheme.
National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Aug 2020|
|Class / Course||Social Work, Music, School|
|Scholarship Type||School Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||A cash prize of ₹ 1,00,000; book vouchers and certificate|
|Age Limit||5 - 18 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement facilitates a cash prize of ₹ 1,00,000 book vouchers worth of ₹ 10,000 along with certificate and citation. Under the scheme children belonging to the age group of 5 to 18 can apply.
National Child Award 2020 – Key Benefits
As per the decision of the Central/National Selection Committee, the awardees receive the following benefits: -
One Winner Will Receive:
- Gold Medal (20 grams)
- Cash Prize of ₹ 1,00,000
- Book vouchers worth ₹ 10,000
- A citation and certificate
35 Other Awardees Will Receive:
- Silver Medals (50 grams each)
- Cash Prize of ₹ 10,000 each
- Book vouchers worth ₹ 3,000
- A citation and certificate
- Applicants residing in India are eligible
- Candidate between the age group of 5-18 years (Above 5 years and not more than 18 years as on 31st August 2020)
- Students having outstanding talent in different fields of innovation like; Sports, Arts, Culture, Social Service, Music, Bravery or any other field that deserve recognition.
National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement 2020 – How to Apply
- Visit the official website of the scheme - http://nca-wcd.nic.in
- Click on the Apply Tab.
- Register as a new user.
- Use the registered username and password.
- Download the application form.
- Fill in all the details.
- Attach all the important documents -
- Aadhaar card X 1 copy
- Passport size photo X 2
- Marksheet of previous year
- Any certificate that represents your talent
- Email the application form at [email protected]
National Child Award Important Dates 2020
Following are the important date section of the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement -
Beginning of the application process
24th May 2020
Last date to apply
31st August 2020
Application verification round
15th October 2020
Announcement of the result
5th December 2020
Distribution of the scholarship
Terms and Conditions
- Each child will receive his/her personally.
- The applicant’s exceptional achievement should not be one-time. It should be carried out over a period of time.
- The field of excellence must also be the child’s passion. It must be a field in which the child is interested in making a career.
Ministry of Women and Child Development
Government of India
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi
Phone Number: 011-23386423
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Subscribe Now for National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.