Go for NTPC Scholarship Program 2018-19 to Pursue Masters and PGDM
NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation) is one of the major PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) of the Government of India. It has an illustrious position among the ‘Maharatna’ category of PSU’s.
NTPC is also committed to the goal of the social upliftment of the disadvantaged sections of society. It runs the NTPC Scholarship scheme for the meritorious SC/ ST/ PWD sections of students. Under this scholarship scheme, students receive financial assistance to pursue MBA or PGDM in Finance/ HR/ General Management from XLRI/ IIMs/FMS.
NTPC Scholarship 2018 Latest Notification: The last date to apply for the scholarship was 31st July 2018 (tentative). So far, the result announcement has not taken place. Engineering and Management students can stay tuned to Exams Planner to get further details on the scholarship.
NTPC Scholarship: Quick Overview
|31 Jul 2018
|Class / Course
|Post Graduate, Graduate
|₹ 1,500 per Month
- A student should have a Reservation Caste Certificate.
- He/ she should have taken admission in IIMs College/ XLRI/ FMS through the centralised admission process.
- A candidate should have passed the 1st year or 1st and 2nd semester examinations with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks. Convert CGPA marks to percentage marks.
Note: If a student is already availing the scholarship benefit from other institution should not apply for the NTPC scholarship.
Benefits under the Scholarship
About 35 selected candidates receive the scholarship amount for a maximum period of 2 years. It includes benefits such as: -
- 20 Scheduled Caste students and 10 Scheduled Tribe students get the scholarship.
- 5 Physically Challenged candidates receive the reward.
- Each student receives ₹1,500 per month under this program.
How to Apply
Make use of these steps to apply successfully for the scholarship: -
- Find and download the application form from the official website www.ntpc.co.in.
- From the homepage, find NTPC Scholarship Scheme link
- Attach the prescribed documents
- Fill all the details in the form and take a print of it to send the hard-copy.
- Head of the institution will short-list FIVE candidates.
- There are FIVE applications for each category from every institute.
- Send the application on the following postal address:
Deputy General Manager (HR-W)
NTPC LTD., NTPC Bhawan, Core no. -7
SCOPE COMPLEX Lodhi Road
New Delhi – 110
It is necessary for every applicant to enclose the application form with these documents: -
- Mark sheet of last Passing Class
- Annual Income certificate of Parents
- Latest Passport size photograph
- Copy of Certificates attained in school and college
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/General)
- Identity and Address Proof in the form of Aadhar Card/Voter-ID
- Date of Birth Proof via certificate or class 10th certificate
- Attested/Signed photocopies of required certificates.