UGC Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Scholarship
The UGC (University Grant Commission) has launched Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-doctoral Scholarship programme for the Humanities and Social Science students. In view of the growing numbers of universities and colleges, the UGC has undertaken this scholarship programme to increase the numbers of teachers also in the equivalent ratio. Under this scholarship programme, students are encouraged to pursue the higher education at the post-doctoral level. It is expected to broaden the horizon of the students so that they should become a good teacher and mentor for students. This scholarship programme has been named after the famous educationist Dr. S. Radhakrishnan who happens to the President of India also.
UGC Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Jun 2018|
|Class / Course||Humanities, Social Sciences|
|Scholarship Type||Master & Doctoral Programs|
|Awarded Amount||₹25, 000 – 27,000 per month with an increase of ₹1000 per annum|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the Dr. S Radhakrishnan Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Those candidates who are selected for the benefits under this scholarship are given following scholarship amount in successive years –
1st Year – ₹ 38,800
2nd Year – ₹ 40,300
3rd Year - ₹ 41,900
- Students can also avail the benefit of the contingency amount. They are given ₹ 50,000 to meet any additional expenses during the period of their Post –doctoral studies.
- For physically handicapped or blind students, a monthly allowance of ₹2000 is given per month for the escort or reader assistance.
- All students are eligible for the HRA. They may be either provided with the single-seat hostel accommodation or the allowance to make their own arrangement for living. The HRA will be regulated as per the norms of the government.
Eligibility for the Dr. S Radhakrishnan Post-doctoral Fellowship
- An applicant should be involved in the research work on the full-time basis.
- He/ she should have obtained minimum 55% marks at the Graduation level and should have a minimum score of 60% marks at the Post-graduation level. The reserved category candidates of SC/ ST/OBC/ PwD/Women are given relaxation in the marks requirement.
- The SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD candidates should have a minimum score of 50% marks at the Graduation level and 55% marks at the Post-graduation level.
- An applicant should not be more than 35 years of age. The SC/ ST/OBC/ PwD candidates are given an age –relaxation of 5 years. They are eligible to avail the benefits of the Dr. S Radhakrishnan Post doctoral Fellowship until 40 years of age.
- The candidates should also submit the ‘No Objection Certificate’ duly-signed by the head of the institution/ college/ from where the candidate has been enrolled in the research.
- The Transgender candidates are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Note – It should be noted that the selection of the beneficiary students for the scholarship will be made on the basis of the reservation principle.
Essential Documents Required to Apply Successfully
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ST/OBC)
- Age Proof Certificate. (i.e. 10th certificate, School Leaving Certificate etc)
- Mark sheets of both Graduation & Post Graduation Degrees
- Certificate of PhD Award
- Physical Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Recommendation Letter of Mentor or Superior.
How to Apply
- Fill-out all the required personal and academic Information together with caste and physical disability certificate (if relevant).
- Note down the registration id in order to download the PDF file of the application once submitted.
- Do not leave the research-based options blank and make sure to fill them out with correct information.
- Mention the published paper if any & Scholarships/Present employment etc.
- Write down a Declaration in the end
- Submit the application form.