Symbiosis Society Foundation Scholarship 2020 for Sportspersons
Last Updated : 25 Mar 2020
Symbiosis University invites student-athletes to enrol in its sports scholarship programme. The objective of the university’s foundation is to appreciate young-sportspersons who have performed exceedingly well in national, state and inter-university levels. The fellowship programme aims to recognize the achievements of the young sports persons at the National, State, and Inter University level.
Candidates who are interested can submit their applications for Symbiosis Sports Scholarships 2020 before meeting up the deadline, which is 23rd April 2020. Subscribe to ExamsPlanner and get latest updates of the fellowship programme.
Symbiosis Society Foundation Sports Scholarships: Quick Overview
|Deadline||23 Apr 2020|
|Class / Course||Sportsperson enrolling or studying in Symbiosis International University|
|Scholarship Type||Sports, College Level Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 24,000 per annum|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Candidates who are an enrolled student of Symbiosis International University can apply for the 2020 session of the scheme and win ₹ 24,000 per annum.
Type of Eligible Sports:
Primary Disciplines: Cricket, Wrestling, Athletics, Badminton, Swimming, Tennis, Table-Tennis, Archery, Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Tennis, Shooting and Squash.
Others: Boxing, Billiards &Snooker, Chess, Golf, Softball, Equestrian, Kayaking & Canoeing, Weight Lifting, Power Lifting, Best Physique and Judo.
Benefits under this Scholarship:
Scholarship Value will be ₹ 24,000 per annum i.e. ₹ 2,000 per month.
Total Number of Sports Scholarships = 5.
- A candidate receives the scholarship on the basis of his/her sports performance in only recognized competitions in the last 2 calendar years.
- Both the perspectives as well as bonafide students of Symbiosis International University are eligible.
- An applicant is not eligible if he or she is already a scholarship holder or is an inmate of a State/Indian government Sports Authority of India.
- A candidate can apply in only one discipline in which he or she has achieved the highest performance marks in the last 2 calendar years.
- If the date/timings/other details of the tournament are not mentioned on the certificate, the student will have to obtain it from the respective agency and attach it along with the application.
- The University has all the rights to reject an application based on the number of vacancies available or if any of the above-mentioned criteria are not met.
How to Apply
- Click here to download the application form.
- Fill up all the personal, academic and sporting details carefully.
- Attach all the essential documents.
- Send the form and documents to: -
Email: [email protected]
Postal Address: Dy. Director of Physical Education & Sports,
Gram- Lavale,Tal - Mulshi,Dist.– Pune, Pin Code- 411 042
- 2 letters of reference from a mentor, coach or National Governing body.
- 1 signed passport photograph.
- Photocopies of certificate and press-cuttings duly signed by the respective head. (School/College or State Association)
- The Selection Committee screens all the applications and selects candidates based on their performance and merit.
- The decision of the Committee will be final; no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
Subscribe Now for Symbiosis Society Foundation Sports Scholarships Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.