Symbiosis Society Foundation Scholarship 2018 for Sportspersons
Published on : 27 Jul 2018
Symbiosis University invites student-athletes to enrol in its sports scholarship programme. The objective of the university’s foundation is to appreciate young-sportspersons who have performed exceedingly well in national, state and inter-university levels.
The late date for registration is 31st July 2018.
Symbiosis Society Foundation Sports Scholarships: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Jul 2018|
|Class / Course||Sportsperson enrolling or studying in Symbiosis International University|
|Awarded Amount||24,000 per annum|
|Apply Now||Click here|
- A candidate receives the scholarship on the basis of his/her sports performance in only recognized competitions in the last 2 calendar years.
- Both the perspectives as well as bonafide students of Symbiosis International University are eligible.
- An applicant is not eligible if he or she is already a scholarship holder or is an inmate of a State/Indian government Sports Authority of India.
- A candidate can apply in only one discipline in which he or she has achieved the highest performance marks in the last 2 calendar years.
- If the date/timings/other details of the tournament are not mentioned on the certificate, the student will have to obtain it from the respective agency and attach it along with the application.
- The University has all the rights to reject an application based on the number of vacancies available or if any of the above-mentioned criteria are not met.
Type of Eligible Sports:
Primary Disciplines: Cricket, Wrestling, Athletics, Badminton, Swimming, Tennis, Table-Tennis, Archery, Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Tennis, Shooting and Squash.
Others: Boxing, Billiards &Snooker, Chess, Golf, Softball, Equestrian, Kayaking & Canoeing, Weight Lifting, Power Lifting, Best PhysiqueandJudo.
Benefits under this Scholarship:
- Scholarship Value will be ₹24,000 per annum i.e. ₹2,000 per month.
- Total Number of Sports Scholarships = 5.
How to Apply?
- Click here to download the application form.
- Fill up all the personal, academic and sporting details carefully.
- Attach all the essential documents.
- Send the form and documents to: -
Postal Address: Dy. Director of Physical Education & Sports,
Gram- Lavale,Tal - Mulshi,Dist.– Pune, Pin Code- 411 042
- 2 letters of reference from a mentor, coach or National Governing body.
- 1 signed passport photograph.
- Photocopies of certificate and press-cuttings duly signed by the respective head. (School/College or State Association)
- The Selection Committee screens all the applications and selects candidates based on their performance and merit.
- The decision of the Committee will be final; no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
Subscribe Now for Symbiosis Society Foundation Sports Scholarships Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.