Secure Admission in Delhi Colleges with Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship
Published on : 18 Jul 2018
Merit-cum-means scholarship scheme launched by Delhi government for encouraging higher studies among students from needy income group families.
July 18, 2017 (Tuesday): Delhi government launched a new merit-cum-means scholarship for needy students who are interested in pursuing higher studies from state universities of Delhi. Education Minister Manish Sisodia said that the fee waiver scheme would cover the undergraduate students for the upcoming academic session. Universities under the scheme are:
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women
- Delhi Technological University
- Ambedkar University
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (as soon as the institution becomes a state university of Delhi)
Merit-cum-means scholarship of Delhi government: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Dec 2017|
|Class / Course||Undergraduates|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||25-100% tuition fee waiver|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Main Features of the Scheme
- 100% fee waiver for students from families which have card issues under the National Food Security Scheme (NFSS).
- 50% fee waiver for students from families with yearly income up to 2.5 lakh.
- 25% fee waiver for students from families with annual income above 2.5 lakh and not exceeding 6 lakh.
- A minimum of 60% marks is mandatory for getting the benefits of the scheme. A relaxation of 5% in marks will be given to students of SC/ST category.
The government had allocated ₹10 crore for the coming academic session. Each beneficiary will get ₹ 5000 per annum for additional expenses. The Delhi Higher Education Aid Trust funds this merit-cum-means scheme.
Candidates who meet the following criteria will be considered eligible: -
- Students who belong from below-poverty-line families.
- The student’s annual family income is 2.5 lakhs or between 2.5 lakhs and 6 lakhs
How to Apply
- Visit the official Delhi government website.
- Look for the merit-cum-means scholarship announcement notification.
- Download the application form and fill up all the details.
- Do not leave empty space.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Submit the form
- Class 12th mark sheet
- SC/ST certificate (if available)
- Passbook and E-statement of the student’s bank account.
- A copy of Aadhar Card
- A scanned copy of valid annual family income certificate
- Previous mark sheets or certificates of the current programme
Subscribe Now for Merit-cum-means scholarship of Delhi government Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.