Secure Admission in Delhi Colleges with Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship 2020
Delhi government has initiated a merit-cum-means scholarship for needy students who are interested in pursuing higher studies from state universities of Delhi. Under Delhi Scholarship 2020, meritorious students of Delhi will get the financial assistance to continue their higher education at the several top-class educational institutions under the state. Education Minister Manish Sisodia said that the fee waiver scheme would cover the undergraduate students for the upcoming academic session. Universities under the scheme are:
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women
- Delhi Technological University
- Ambedkar University
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology
Merit-cum-means scholarship of Delhi government: Quick Overview
|Deadline||29 Feb 2020|
|Class / Course||Undergraduates|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||25-100% tuition fee waiver|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Applications for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship 2020 for SC/ST/OBC/Minority category students are now open. Interested and eligible candidates can submit their applications in between 01st December 2019 to 29th February 2020.
Delhi Scholarship 2020 – Available Benefits
Shortlist students will get the following benefits of the fellowship program, including:
- 100% fee waiver for students from families which have card issues under the National Food Security Scheme (NFSS).
- 50% fee waiver for students from families with yearly income up to 2.5 lakh.
- 25% fee waiver for students from families with annual income above 2.5 lakh and not exceeding 6 lakh.
- A minimum of 60% marks is mandatory for getting the benefits of the scheme. A relaxation of 5% in marks will be given to students of SC/ST category.
The government had allocated ₹ 10 crore for the coming academic session. Each beneficiary will get ₹ 5000 per annum for additional expenses. The Delhi Higher Education Aid Trust funds this merit-cum-means scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship 2020
To be able to get the benefits of scholarship, a candidate must meet up the eligibility conditions laid down below:
- Students who belong from below-poverty-line families.
- The student’s annual family income is 2.5 lakhs or between 2.5 lakhs and 6 lakhs
- This scheme is available only for Delhi residents.
Delhi Scholarship Application Form 2020 – How to Fill?
To make the application process successful, all the applicants need to follow the below-mentioned steps, which is essential for the desired scholarship.
- Visit the official Delhi government website.
- Look for the merit-cum-means scholarship announcement notification.
- Download the application form and fill up all the details.
- Do not leave empty space.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Submit the form.
Essential Documents Attached With Delhi Scholarship Application Form
Class 12th mark sheet
SC/ST certificate (if available)
Passbook and E-statement of the student’s bank account.
A copy of Aadhar Card
A scanned copy of valid annual family income certificate
Previous mark sheets or certificates of the current programme
Scroll left or right to view full table