Pursue Ph.D. in Toronto: Apply for Petro Jacyk Scholarship 2020
Scholars studying in Ukraine are invited to apply for funding available through the Petro Jacyk Scholarship Program 2020. Under the program, candidates can take admission in the 2020-21 academic years and complete their studies at the University of Toronto. Candidates who will successfully qualify for the program will able to conduct research and interact with Canadian scholars during their stay at CERES.
In addition, applicants will also be invited to give a presentation on the topic of their research in front of Toronto University committee and are expected to take part in relevant scholarly events.
Petro Jacyk Scholarship: Quick Overview
|15 Feb 2020
|Class / Course
|Master & Doctoral Programs, PHD
|CAD $40,000 for a year and an additional allowance of CAD $2,500
The University of Toronto in collaboration with the Petro Jacyk Foundation has announced Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020 grant for carrying research on the Ukraine Society, Culture, and Politics. This fellowship is meant for international students. Although the application for the program is over now, however, the results for the same are going to be declared on June 2020.
About Petro Jacyk Scholarship
- The selected candidate will spend most of the Fellowship period at a CERES residence and duration of time in Ukraine (commonly 2weeks/a month), conducting research and giving a lecture(s) at various educational organizations.
- While at CERES, the person has to dedicate his/her time setting up his/her thesis for production or potentially to begin another research project. The candidate will be working with an assigned experienced supervisor and participate in the exercises of the Petro Jacyk Program for the Study of Ukraine.
- The program consists of guest lectures, workshops as well as conferences. Besides the research, he/she is also expected to instruct a one-semester course (normally a workshop) that focuses on contemporary Ukraine.
Benefits under the Petro Jacyk Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020
- Those applicants who are selected under this fellowship receive CAD $41,500.
- They also get an additional amount of CAD $2,500 as travel allowance.
- The number of the fellowship is not fixed. It is determined every year on the basis of the number of applicants and fund with foundation.
Eligibility for the Petro Jacyk Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020
- The applicant should have done Ph. D in Social Science, Humanities or related subjects.
- He/ she should have pursued research in his/her subject with a focus on the Ukraine.
- Applicants should be international students.
- They should be fluent in the English language.
How to Apply
- Applications with all required attachments should be received before the deadline i.e. 15th February 2020. Click here to download the application form.
- Send the application by email at [email protected] and [email protected] to the Foundation and the Petro Jacyk Program for the Study of Ukraine at the University of Toronto respectively.
- Email the three letters of recommendation directly to both email addresses either by the by the university head or direct superior.
- The documents will be kept confidential.
- The applicant needs to ensure that he or she receives an acknowledgment for the submitted application via email.
In cases wherein emailing is difficult, the applicant will have to send the application and letters by express mail on the given postal address:-
Petro Jacyk Program for the Study of Ukraine
Centre for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies
Munk School of Global Affairs
University of Toronto
1 Devonshire Place, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3K7
Tel: (416) 946-8938
Fax: (416) 946-8939