Pursue Ph.D. in Toronto: Apply for Petro Jacyk Scholarship 2018
Published on : 12 Jul 2018
The University of Toronto in collaboration with the Petro Jacyk Foundation has announced Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 grant for carrying research on the Ukraine Society, Culture, and Politics. This fellowship is meant for international students.
The last date to apply for the Petro Jacyk Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 is 1st February 2018.
Petro Jacyk Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||01 Feb 2018|
|Class / Course||Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences|
|Awarded Amount||CAD $40,000 for a year and an additional allowance of CAD $2,500|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the Petro Jacyk Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018
- Those applicants who are selected under this fellowship receive CAD $41,500.
- They also get an additional amount of CAD $2,500 as travel allowance.
- The number of the fellowship is not fixed. It is determined every year on the basis of the number of applicants and fund with foundation.
Eligibility for the Petro Jacyk Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018
- The applicant should have done Ph. D in Social Science, Humanities or related subjects.
- He/ she should have pursued research in his/her subject with a focus on the Ukraine.
- Applicants should be international students.
- They should be fluent in the English language.
About Petro Jacyk Scholarship 2018
- The selected candidate will spend most of the Fellowship period at a CERES residence and duration of time in Ukraine (commonly 2weeks/a month), conducting research and giving a lecture(s) at various educational organizations.
- While at CERES, the person has to dedicate his/her time setting up his/her thesis for production or potentially to begin another research project. The candidate will be working with an assigned experienced supervisor and participate in the exercises of the Petro Jacyk Program for the Study of Ukraine.
- The program consists of guest lectures, workshops as well as conferences. Besides the research, he/she is also expected to instruct a one-semester course (normally a workshop) that focuses on contemporary Ukraine.
How to Apply
- Applications with all required attachments should be received before the deadline i.e. 1st February 2018. Click here to download the application form.
- Send the application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to the Foundation and the Petro Jacyk Program for the Study of Ukraine at the University of Toronto respectively.
- Email the three letters of recommendation directly to both email addresses either by the by the university head or direct superior.
- The documents will be kept confidential.
- The applicant needs to ensure that he or she receives an acknowledgment for the submitted application via email.
In cases wherein emailing is difficult, the applicant will have to send the application and letters by express mail on the given postal address: -
Petro Jacyk Program for the Study of Ukraine
Centre for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies
Munk School of Global Affairs
University of Toronto
1 Devonshire Place
Toronto, Ontario M5S 3K7
Tel: (416) 946-8938
Fax: (416) 946-8939
Subscribe Now for Petro Jacyk Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.