Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2020-21 – Complete Details
UGC PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2020 invites applications from the first and second rank holders of graduation courses across the country. The scholarship aims to encourage talented girls and boys towards postgraduate education and assist them in their expenses. With Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2020-21, the University Grants Commission (UGC) bring all the talented and potential candidates in the field of Post-Graduate education by way of providing them with good incentives in the form of scholarships. Therefore, UGC has introduced a Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University undergraduate rank holders. Interested candidates can submit their applications for the same till 30th November 2020.
Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Nov 2020|
|Class / Course||Post Graduates|
|Scholarship Type||Merit Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 3100 per month|
|Age Limit||30 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Students who have completed their graduation with 60% of marks can apply for the fellowship scheme. Check complete details regarding UGC PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders scheme herein below.
UGC PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders – Available Benefits
The scholarship will provide the financial aid of ₹ 3100 per month for the duration of two years. The scholarships shall be provided for the entire course of the academic year. Maintenance allowance will be given as fixed lump sum amount in an academic year.
- Maintenance Allowance - ₹ 380/- per month for Hosteller & ₹ 230/ per month for Day Scholar
Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2020-21 - Important Dates
Below you can find the important dates section for the fellowship scheme:
Scholarship announcement date
30th August 2020
Last date to apply
30th November 2020 (Extended)
Last date for defect verification
15th December 2020
Last date for institute verification
15th December 2020
Scroll left or right to view full table
UGC PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders Eligibility Criteria
- The scholarship is available to the student for first PG Degree only.
- Age limit for the students is below 30 years at the time of admission in PG course.
- Distance mode of education will not be considered under the scheme.
- Be studying in a post-graduation course from any affiliated university (central/state) or deemed universities/ private universities / 25 autonomous colleges / non-affiliated colleges.
- Be a rank holder (Ist or IInd) in the previous graduation exam.
- Have completed graduation in one of the following disciplines: Life sciences, physical sciences, chemical sciences, earth sciences, mathematical sciences, social sciences, commerce or languages.
- Before verifying applications of students the concerned Universities may ensure that applicants satisfy all norms as per guidelines.
How to Apply?
Applications will be invited once a year on the National Scholarship Portal of the Government of India, visit the homepage of the NSP website -www.scholarships.gov.in. Follow these steps to complete application.
- Candidates need to visit at National Scholarship Portal to apply online for the scheme as a new user.
- Fill in all the required information and click on ‘Register’ to get registered. A student application ID and password is generated on the registered mobile number.
- The girl candidates need to log in to NSP using the newly generated ID and password. An OTP is sent on the registered mobile number using which the candidates must change their password, which is a mandatory step.
- Once the password is changed, the candidates are directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page, where applicants need to click on ‘Application form’ to start the application process.
- The applicants need to provide all the necessary details such as registration details, academic details, basic details, contact details and scheme details.
- All the required documents in support of identity and academic eligibility must be uploaded by the applicants.
- Now, the filled-in application form must be saved as a draft so that the applicant can check every detail once again to make sure they are correct.
- Finally, the candidate must click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the completed scholarship application form.
There are a few important documents that need to be submitted along with the application. The list includes:
- Attested copy of university's undergraduate degree
- Certificate of matriculation
- Verification certificate issued by the institute where the student has taken admission at PG level
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar card/enrollment
Terms and Conditions
- The students will have to submit proof of their merit position at the undergraduate level as well as their admission in postgraduate courses.
- The amount of scholarship will be directly transferred to the student's account through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer).
- The scholarship can be renewed during the period of postgraduate course subject to the good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance by the applicant.
- Any kind of change in course is not permitted under this scheme.
- The students who have been awarded Post-Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
- The maximum age limit for the applicants is 30 years at the time of admission in post-graduation.