Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship 2020 for Higher and Better Education
Here is an opportunity for the meritorious students who want to pursue higher education after Class 12th. They can avail the financial benefit under the Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship 2020. This scholarship is given by the Veltech Technical University. The students are required to appear in the VTUEEE (Veltech Technical Engineering Entrance Examination). The Vel Tech Technical University has always taken steps for promoting higher education among students, especially through the scholarship schemes.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Merit scholarship is one such scholarship programme. Candidates can enrol their entries for Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship 2020 till 12th April 2020. Check complete details.
Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||12 Apr 2020|
|Class / Course||Class 12|
|Scholarship Type||Merit Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||50-75% tuition fee waiver|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The Vel Tech Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship is eligible for the students who have completed their Class 12th or willing to appear for the same can enrol themselves for the scheme. The main objective of the program is to offer a world-class education to the students on the basis of merit rather than financial needs.
Benefits under the Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship
- Those students who qualify the VTUEEE examination become eligible for the scholarship. They are given waiver in their tuition-fee as follows -
- The top-ranked students get 100% waiver in their tuition-fee to pursue the course from the University.
- Students with 95% score get - 75% waiver of their tuition–fee.
- Students with a score between 90% - 94.9% get - 50% waiver of their tuition–fee.
- Students with 80% - 90% score get - 25% waiver of their tuition–fee.
- Students with 70% - 80% score get - 10% waiver of their tuition–fee.
Eligibility for the Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship 2020
- This scheme is only applicable for Indian citizens.
- An applicant should have completed Class 12th or should be appearing in the Class 12th examination in 2019-20.
- One should hold a 60% marks in their Class 12th Board.
Application Procedure for the Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship
- Click here to apply online.
- Register yourself by filling up the details of the ‘new applicant’ column.
- Don’t leave any space blank
- Attach the documents when prompted.
- Give the application fee.
- Click on Submit, to finally submit the form.
Offline Procedure to Apply
The student will get the form by sending a request letter along with the full address and a Demand Draft for ₹ 950 drawn in favor of 'Vel Tech Dr. RR & Dr. SR University', payable at Chennai to The Director – UG Admission, 400 feet outer ring Avadi, Chennai.
Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship 2020 – Important Dates
Find the important dates of the fellowship scheme:
Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship
Important Dates (Tentative)
Beginning of the application process
10th December 2019
Last date to apply
12th April 2020
Announcement of the result
May 2020 (First-Week)
Scroll left or right to view full table