Wellcome Trust’s India Alliance for International Students
Published on : 13 Jul 2018
Applications are invited from International students by the Wellcome Trust/ DBT India Alliance for granting fellowships. The fellowship is given to the Senior and Intermediate research scholars from any country to study in the Indian University. They should intend to pursue research in the basic science or the veterinary science. The scholarship is meant for such meritorious students who wish to pursue a research career in the Indian Institutions.
India Alliance Intermediate Research Fellowship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||15 Jan 2018|
|Class / Course||Research Students|
|Scholarship Type||Master & Doctoral Programs|
|Awarded Amount||multiple supports from the Trust|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The last date to apply for the Wellcome Senior and Intermediate Research Scholarship is 15th January 2018.
Benefits under the Wellcome Senior and Intermediate Research Fellowship 2018
- Those students who are selected for this scholarship receive multiple supports from the Trust.
- Each applicant’s are dealt on the personal level to meet their requirements fully.
- The scholarship is given for 5 years.
- The beneficiary students are also provided with the research assistants to carry on their research activities hassle-free.
Eligibility for the Wellcome Senior and Intermediate Research Fellowship 2018
- The applicants should be well-versed in the English language.
- The applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The subject area of the research should be biomedical.
- They should have done Ph. D in the Basic Science/ Veterinary Science with research experience of 4- 15 years.
Application Procedure for the Wellcome Senior and Intermediate Research Fellowship 2018
- Interested students can apply online.
- It should be noted that full applications can be submitted only through the invitation.
- To know further about the application procedure– click here
Types of Fellowship
- Senior Fellowship: For researchers who have already proven their capability to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to carry out an innovative and ground-breaking research.
- Intermediate Fellowship: It is meant for those postdoctoral researchers who have been successful in preparing a successful research and now wants to set up their own independent research-based program in India.
Normal Entry Requirements
The following are the necessary essentials of the application:-
- A research proposal that depends on a theory and tries to answer a unique biomedical research question.
- A not-profit driven Host Institution in India that will direct the Fellowship for the total time-period of the scholarship award.
- A sponsor/support at the Host Institution, who can ensure space and assets for the time-span of the scholarship award.
Terms and Conditions
- Submit the application before the provided deadline.
- The contact information of the names mentioned in the application must be specified such as the applicant, sponsor, research sponsor, supervisor, etc.
- Only full applications will be accepted. Do not leave any column or space empty.
- If the provided link is not working, the application and documents must be emailed at info-at-indiaalliance.org.
Subscribe Now for India Alliance Intermediate Research Fellowship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.