ICCR Scholarship 2018 for the Welfare of Bangladesh Students
Published on : 12 Jul 2018
The ICCR (Indian Council of Cultural Relations) invites scholarship applications from meritorious Bangladeshi students to pursue Bachelors, Masters or Ph. D in India. This scholarship scheme has been announced by the Indian High Commission posted in Bangladesh.
The last date to apply for the ICCR Scholarship 2018 is 20th January 2018.
ICCR Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||20 Jan 2018|
|Class / Course||Graduate, PHD, PGD courses|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate, International|
|Awarded Amount||tuition-fee waiver|
|Age Limit||18 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the ICCR Scholarship 2018
- Those Bangladeshi applicants who are selected for this scholarship receive tuition-fee waiver and other additional amounts to pursue a course in India.
- This scholarship can be availed for Engineering, Bachelors, Masters, Post-graduation, PhD or Postdoctoral studies.
- The number of scholarship is not fixed. It is determined every year on the basis of a number of applicants for the scholarship.
Eligibility for the ICCR Scholarship 2018
- The applicant should be a Bangladeshi national.
- He /she should have done B.E/ B. Tech to apply for the Post-graduation studies.
- An applicant should have received school education in subjects like Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics to apply for the Engineering courses.
The applicant should be fluent in the English language. He/ she should have a minimum score of 60% marks or GPA 3 out of 5 to become eligible to apply.
Till date, more than 3000 ICCR Scholarships have been approved to Bangladesh students by the Government of India.
There are various courses in India that these students can opt for at Under Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD level or even Medical level. The scholarship programs are: -
- Bangladesh Scholarship Scheme: Meant for undergraduate courses such as; engineering, postgraduate courses and PhD/post-doctoral courses.
- India Scholarship Scheme: Meant for undergraduate courses apart from engineering, postgraduate courses and PhD/postdoctoral.
How to Apply
- Fill all the details correctly and in the prescribed manner.
- The application should be complete in all respects, with all the required information and all necessary supporting documents.
- Click on the 'Guideline Button' of the application portal to download the physical fitness form.
Documents Required for ICCR Scholarship 2018
- Attach a passport size photograph (size: 3.5x4.5cm and 25kb) in the space provided on the application form.
- Update one copy each of all academic qualifications such as; certificates and up-to-date mark sheets, and school leaving examination certificate.
- Physical fitness certificate in the prescribed form.
- Recommendation letter as well as character certificate from existing school.
- Certified copies of relevant pages of candidate’s valid passport showing photograph, name, contact details, date of issue, and date of expiry and place of issue.
A copy of passport which is valid for the course duration of the scholarship program.
Subscribe Now for ICCR Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.