Sweden’s Lund University Global Scholarship for Non-EU Students
Published on : 12 Jul 2018
The Lund University of Sweden is counted among one of the 100 top-ranked Universities of the world. The university grants ‘Global Scholarship’ to outstanding students from across the globe who wishes to pursue various courses from the university. It aims to onboard students from outside the European Union. It is a university with a true International spirit. Every year, the University gives $2 million grant under the ‘Global Scholarship’ programme to meritorious international students.
Lund University Global Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||01 Feb 2018|
|Class / Course||Bachelors, Masters Programme|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate, Post Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||$2 Million Grant|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Eligibility for the Lund University Global Scholarship
- The applicant should be from outside EU (European Union)/ EEA (European Economic Area).
- The applicant should have applied for admission in the Bachelor’s/ Master’s programme at the Lund University. He/ she should have applied for the enrollment in the regular, full-time course.
- An applicant should have a very good education track –record. He/ she should have maintained a top-ranked position throughout their career.
- The beneficiary students are selected on the basis of their merit or through the competitive selection – process.
- The beneficiary students are given reimbursements for their tuition-fee. The waiver of the tuition- fee can be 25%, 50%, 75% or even up to 100%.
- The waiver in the tuition-fee depends upon the amount of the grant allocated for the scholarship by the university in a particular academic year. It does not depend merely upon the academic record of the applicants.
Application Procedure for the Lund University Global Scholarship
The application window for the Lund University Global Scholarship 2018 will get opened in the first week of February 2018.
- A student can apply for only one scholarship per academic programme.
- Interested international students should visit the official website of the Lund University. It should be noted that prior to applying for the Lund University Global Scholarship, a student should apply for enrollment in any one of the Bachelor’s or Master’s programmes or Free-standing courses (minimum 30 European Credit Transfer System).
- They can apply for enrollment through www.universityadmissions.se,
- Upon submission of the complete application form along with the application fee, an applicant can thereafter apply for the benefits under the Lund University Global Scholarship.
- To avail the Lund University Global Scholarship, applicants should also submit a ‘Motivation –Letter’ along with their applications. It should be in minimum 600 words. The letter should be explanatory. It should explain why a student wants to join the Lund University and how the applicant will be benefitted through the scholarship grant. It should not be a mere piece of plain statements, rather a motivating one.
Selection Procedure -
The selection of the students for the Lund University Global Scholarship begins simultaneously with their admission-process at the university.
- The students are selected on the basis of their merit –history or their past academic records.
- The ‘Motivation-Letter’ also draws much attention of the assessment-committee. They make their opinion about the student much on the basis of his/her motivation-letter. Thus, it should exhibit the applicant’s strong commitment, vision and mission towards the study-programme at the Lund University.
The financial background of students is not taken into consideration while determining the list of the scholarship beneficiaries.
Subscribe Now for Lund University Global Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.