Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) 2019, Apply Till 15th Oct 2019
Published on : 12 Oct 2019
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has invited applications from the eligible students for the December Session of Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship 2019. Those who satisfy the eligibility by completing B.Tech, M.Sc. or Integrated M.Tech and want to pursue Doctoral level studies (PhD) at Indian Institutes of Science (IISc) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) can apply for the fellowship. The last date to apply for the PMRF December 2019 is 15th October. Check out more details regarding the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship 2019 scheme.
More About PMRF 2019 Scholarship Scheme –
Offered by MHRD, Government of India, the main objective of the PMRF Scholarship scheme is to attract more and more highly qualified students to pursue research in the domains of science and technology, with focus on national priorities. Meritorious students can make most of the fellowship as they would be provided with the financial assistance from the government. Students who want to enrol under Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) for the December 2019 can submit their applications only till 15th October.
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||15 Oct 2019|
|Class / Course||Post Graduates, Final year of B.Tech, Integrated M.Tech, Centrally funded IIITs|
|Scholarship Type||Ph.D, Doctorate, Research|
|Awarded Amount||Up to ₹ 80,000|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF), December 2019 is open for the postgraduate students of engineering and technology from the elite institutes - IISER, NITs, IITs, Centrally Funded IIITs, IISc, etc. Read through the article to know its eligibility, steps to apply, important documents, the fellowship amount and other important details.
Prime Minister’s Research 2019 - Scholarship Details
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time Doctoral level studies in IITs and IISc.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship May 2019 Reward Amount:
Students who will be selected under the scheme will be benefited with the following rewards:
- First and Second Year: ₹ 70,000 per month
- Third Year: ₹ 75,000 per month
- Fourth and Fifth Year: ₹ 80,000 per month
Apart from this, a researcher would receive a research grant of ₹ 2.00 lakh per year and it will be provided to each of the fellows for a duration of 5 years to cover their academic contingency expenses and for foreign/national travel expenses.
The tenure of the fellowship will be 4 years for students from integrated courses and 5 years for B.Tech students.
Who can apply for the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship?
To fulfil the eligibility criteria for this fellowship, the candidate must have the followings:
- Must have completed/pursuing the final year of B.Tech or integrated M.Tech, M.Sc from IIEST/IISc/IITs/IISER and centrally funded IIITs.
- Must be pursuing higher education in science and technology stream.
- Should have secured a CGPA/CPI of 8.0 (out of 10.0).
- Must have completed the academic requirements in the last five years.
How to Fill Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Form-
Fascinating scholars who want to enrol themselves for the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship; December 2019 session needs to follow these below-mentioning criteria:
- Candidates are advised to visit the official website and submit the application form through online mode.
- Read the instructions carefully before applying online.
- Click on the “Please Click here to Apply Online” tab present at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in all the required details and upload a scanned copy of important documents.
- Submit the fee through SBI Collect Page.
- Now, click on ‘Save’ button and submit the form.
- A passport size scanned photograph
- Mark sheet of the last qualified semester in a PDF format.
- Project summary in about 1000 words in a PDF format.
- Latest CV should be limited to two A4 pages in a PDF format only.
- SBI Collect e-receipt (pdf)
Stages of selection
Short listing of the applications form by the reviewers, completely based on the interview round constituted by the nodal institute.
The final selection of the applicant by the selection committee based on the performance of the candidate in an interview round.
Note: The allotment of the Institute for the doctoral study would be done keeping in view the choices of the shortlisted aspirants and the availability of academic and other infrastructure.
Scroll left or right to view full table
Dates to be remembered -
The PMRF application window for December session is open now and will close on 15th October 2019. Interested and eligible students, who want to apply for the same, are advised to fill the online PMRF 2019 application form before meeting up the deadline.
Subscribe Now for Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.