India-Iran Research Grant 2018 for Scientific Courses
The Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India in collaboration with the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology of Iran invite applications to give research grants to Engineers, Scientists, Technologists, and Research Institutes of India and Iran.
The aim of this scholarship grant is to establish enhanced cooperation between the Research and Development centres, scientists and entrepreneurs of the two countries. It is expected to open up new channels of communications between the two partners. It is also expected to speed up the implementation process of the joint-projects of the two countries.
The last date to apply for the India – Iran Scientific and Technology Research grant is 15th February 2018.
India-Iran Bilateral Scientific and Technological Cooperation Research Grant: Quick Overview
|Deadline||15 Feb 2018|
|Class / Course||Biotechnology, Human Health, Water resources management|
|Awarded Amount||Iranian beneficiary = ? 2000 (for 21 days stay) and ? 50,000 (for more than 21 days stay) in India|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the India – Iran Scientific and Technology Research Grant 2018
Iranian Beneficiary in India will get –
- Free accommodation in a fully-furnished house/hostel.
- Travel facilities will be provided.
- Pick up and drop up to the Airport.
- In addition, they will also receive ₹ 2000 (for 21 days stay) and ₹ 50,000 (for more than 21 days stay) in India.
Indian Beneficiary in Iran will get –
- For 21 days stay – They will get an Iranian Rial of 1,000,000 on the daily basis to meet their food, local transportation expenses, and other miscellaneous expenses.
- For more than 21 days stay – They will receive an Iranian Rial of 2,500,000 on the monthly basis.
- They will be provided free accommodation and travel facilities.
Eligibility for the India – Iran Scientific and Technology Research Grant 2018
- Applicants should be either from India or Iran.
- He/ she should be a scientist, researcher, engineer, technologist, or research institution.
- The applicant should be well-versed in the English language.
How to Apply
- Research projects in the prescribed format are duly forwarded by the respective Heads of the Institutions i.e. the Indian Project Investigator to the Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, and the Iranian Project Leader to the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT).
- Applications received by both the agencies with all necessary documents shall only be considered.
- Indian candidates need to submit 5 hard copies in PDF format (including 1 original) of the project proposal in recommended format to DST.
- Iranian candidates need to submit 5 hard copies of the proposal (including 1 original and in PDF format) to the CISC.
Dr. Jagdish Chander
Scientist – G/Adviser, International
Cooperation, Department of Science &
Technology, Technology Bhavan
New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi - 110 016
E-mail: [email protected]
Dr. A. Koohian
Center for International Scientific Cooperation
Ministry of Science, Research and Technology,
Email: [email protected]
Duration of Projects
Projects last for the 2-year duration.