Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship 2022 - Eligibility, Benefits, Application Process, Selection Criteria
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi scholarship is offered by the Kotak Group Companies under its CSR Project of Education & Livelihood. The scholarship is implemented by the Kotak Education Foundation. The scheme aims at providing financial assistance to students who have lost either of their parents or both parents or the primary earning member of the family due to COVID-19. The assistance is provided for students of classes first to graduation to continue studies. The scholarship is jointly funded by:
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC)
- Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited (KMTCL)
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited (KMCCL)
- Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited (KIDFL)
- Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited (KMIL)
- Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited (KMPL)
- Kotak Investment Advisors Limited (KIAL)
- Kotak Securities Limited (KSL)
For more details on the Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship eligibility, benefits, application process, selection criteria, and more, check out the article below.
Latest Update: The online application process for the Kotak Shiksha Nidhi scholarship scheme will remain active till 31st March 2022.
Application process begins
20th September 2021
Application process ends
31st March 2022
Scroll left or right to view full table
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Mar 2022|
|Class / Course||Undergraduates, Graduate, Diploma|
|Scholarship Type||COVID Crisis Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Variable financial assistance|
|Age Limit||6 - 22 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship - Eligibility Conditions
- Applicants must be studying in school or college from class 1st to graduation/ diploma.
- Applicants must be 6 to 22 years of age.
- Applicants must be under one of the following categories:
- Lost both parents due to Corona
- Lost one parent due to Corona
- Lost the primary earning member of the family (other than parents) due to Corona
- International boards such as IB, IGCSE, etc, are excluded from the scholarship.
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Scholarship - Benefits
The benefits under the scheme cover the school/ college fees, library deposit, stationery, and other relevant expenses for the continuation of the studies.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant and the guardian.
- For those under 18 years (minor applicants): Applicant’s
Aadhaar card along with ID proof of parent/ guardian. Parents/ Guardians can present a Voter ID Card, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License.
- For those above 18 years (major applicants): Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, PAN Card.
- Admission proof for the current academic year viz. bonafide letter/ fee receipt/ admission letter/ Institution ID card and mark sheet of previous class grade (optional).
- Death certificate of primary earning members, parent/ parents.
- Proof of death due to COVID-19 such as doctor prescription, hospital receipt, medical bills, COVID-19 test report, hospital discharge summary.
- Reference from two persons who are aware of the family’s crisis. Reference can be from a doctor, teacher, government officer, school/ college head).
- Bank account details of the applicant (if 18 years and above) and of the applicant’s parent (if below 18 years).
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Application Process
Applications for the Kotak Shiksha Nidhi scholarship are to be submitted online. Here is the detailed process for the same.
- Visit the Kotak Education official website.
- Search for the Kotak Shiksha Nidhi scholarship.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Register using your Gmail/ Email/ Facebook account or Mobile number.
- Click the ‘Start Application’ button.
- Now, fill in the required details to complete the application form.
- Upload the documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on the ‘Preview’ option.
- Check all the details filled in the application form carefully.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
The selection of eligible students will be at the discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation. The selection process involves the following stages:
- Selection based on the proof of crisis documents.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for a telephonic interview and document verification process.
- After document verification, the final selection will be made.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: What will be the scholarship amount under the Kotak Shiksha Nidhi scheme?
The amount of the scholarship is at the discretion of the foundation. The scheme focuses on covering the actual expenses of continuing the education.
Question 2: Will the scholarship be for the current year only?
Financial Year 2021-22 is the first year of the Kotak Shiksha Nidhi scheme. Continuation of the scheme for the subsequent years will be subject to different factors viz. academic progress, need of assistance, disciplinary issues, etc.
Question 3: How will the scholarship amount be disbursed to the students?
The scholarship amount will be transferred to the student’s bank account (in case of minor, to parent/ guardian’s account) in one or more installments.
Question 4: I am in the first semester of the B.Sc programme. I lost my father due to covid. Am I eligible to apply for the scholarship?
Yes. You can apply for the scholarship if you meet all other eligibility conditions.
Question 5: Tell me more about the Kotak Education Foundation.
The Kotak Education Foundation (KEF) was established on 14th January 2007 with an aim to address urban poverty through education and livelihood initiatives. The foundation works in the areas of Mumbai - Govandi Chembur, Kurla, Deonar, Dharavi, etc. to empower youth from underprivileged families through education and vocational skills. The aim is to make such students employable.