Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 - Eligibility, Application Process, Benefits, and Selection Criteria
Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a collaborative Corporate Social Responsibility project of Kotak Mahindra Group which is implemented with the Kotak Education Foundation. The scholarship is for financially supporting meritorious girl students from the underprivileged sections of the society for pursuing higher education after class 12th. Those students who aspire to pursue professional graduation courses or professional courses along with graduation from a reputed institute (NBA/ NAAC/ UGC accredited) will be provided with the scholarship to pay the academic expenses till the completion of their degree. Professional courses include Engineering, Architecture, Medicine, Specialised Commerce, Designing, computer, and Finance courses. And, professional courses alongside graduation include CA, CWA, CS, CFA, LLB.
Kotak Mahindra Corporate Social Responsibility Programme
The following Kotak Mahindra Group companies are funding the CSR project on Education & Livelihood - Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021:
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC)
- Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited (KMTCL)
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited (KMCCL)
- Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited (KIDFL)
- Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited (KMIL)
- Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited (KMPL)
- Kotak Securities Limited (KSL)
Latest Update: The online application process for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship is currently active. The last date for application form submission is 30th September 2021.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 - Highlights
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021
Kotak Mahindra Group
Girl students who have passed class 12th
Professional and Professional alongside Graduation
Scroll left or right to view full table
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 - Important Dates
Last date for application submission
30th September 2021
Scroll left or right to view full table
Kotak Kanya Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||15 Nov 2021|
|Class / Course||Undergraduates|
|Scholarship Type||Merit Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 1 lakh per year|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 Eligibility
- Open only for girl students across the country.
- Must have passed class 12th board examination with 75% or more marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Must have secured admission in the first year graduation programme (professional course or graduation alongside professional course).
- The annual family income (from all sources) must be Rupees three lakh or less.
- Wards of employees of Kotak Mahindra Group, Kotak Education Foundation & Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply.
Benefits under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021
A scholarship of ₹ 1 lakh per year will be awarded to the beneficiary till the completion of their course. The scholarship amount can be utilised only for the academic expenses including hostel fee (only for on-campus hostel), tuition fee, laptop, internet, stationery, and books.
- The scholarship will be renewed every year based on the renewal criteria viz. dropout, disciplinary issues, academic performance, etc. Candidates are required to provide fee receipts and academic mark sheets.
- The scholarship amount will be transferred to the beneficiary’s account on an annual basis if the beneficiary is 18 years old, else the amount will be transferred to the parent/ guardian’s bank account.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 Application Process
The application process for the Kotak Kanya scholarship is online. Here is the information on the required documents and application procedure.
The following documents are required for filling the scholarship application:
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Marksheet of class 12th exam.
- Current academic year ID card/ fee receipt/ bonafide letter
- Admission letter
- Parents’ income proof
- Bank details and documents
Application Submission Procedure
- Go to the official Buddy4Study website.
- Search for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 and open it.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on the scholarship page.
- Complete the registration process using your Email ID/ Gmail account/ Facebook account or Mobile Number.
- After the registration is complete, log in using the credentials.
- The scholarship form will appear after login. Click the ‘Start Application’ button to begin.
- Fill In all the details carefully.
- Upload the documents asked for.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- ‘Preview’ the form for any errors before final submission.
- After checking the form, ‘Submit’ it.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 Selection Process
The selection of scholars is based on the following process:
Initial Shortlisting - Shortlisting of applicants will be done based on the academic merit, financial background, and personal challenges (orphan, crisis, disability, single parent-child, etc.) of the candidates.
Interview - Top performing candidates have to appear for two rounds of interviews.
Note: The final selection will be at the sole discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation.