Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020 - Apply Till 31st December
The University Grants Commission, Government of India has extended the scholarship application dates for Indira Gandhi Post-Graduate Scholarship for Single Girl Child. As per the latest update, interested and eligible candidates can apply for the Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020-21 till 31st December 2020, earlier it was 30th November. The UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship is available for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family. With this scheme, the ideal motive is to compensate the direct cost of girl education pursuing higher education in India. Under UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship 2020-21, the selected candidates are offered financial assistance of ₹ 36,200 per annum. So, if you are interested about the scheme, read all the necessary details including eligibility, award, dates, application form, etc. from the below mentioned details.
Note: The UGC SGC scheme applies only for Post-Graduate courses to the students who have taken admissions in a Regular, Full-Time Master degree course in any recognized university.
Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship for Single Girl Child: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Dec 2020|
|Class / Course||Post Graduates|
|Scholarship Type||Need Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 36,200 per annum|
|Age Limit||30 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020 – Major Highlights
- Initiated with the objective to empower the girls of our country through the means of education.
- Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship aims to compensate the direct cost of girl education pursuing higher education, especially those girls who happen to be the only child of her parents.
- Scholarship holders will receive ₹ 36,200 annually.
- The application portal is active till 30st December 2020.
UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship – Available Benefits
A total of 3,000 scholarships will be awarded to girl students from across the country. An amount of ₹ 36,200 per annum will be provided for a duration of 2 years or the full duration of the postgraduate course. No other additional grant will be payable in place of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
Important Dates (Officially Declared)
Below you can find the important dates section for the fellowship scheme:
Beginning of the application process
30th August 2020
Last date to apply
31st December 2020
Last date for defect verification
15th January 2021
Last date for institute verification
15th January 2021
Scroll left or right to view full table
Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020-21: Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for this UGC scholarship, the applicants must be girls studying in universities/colleges/institutions recognized by UGC, State/Central Government or are institutes of national importance. The details of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship eligibility criteria are given below.
- Applicants must be admitted into the regular, full-time 1st year master’s degree course in any designated university or postgraduate college.
- The girl candidates must be the only child of her parents. The candidates must not have any brother, though the girl students who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughters may apply for this UGC scholarship.
- The candidates must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of admission into the PG programme.
- The candidates admitted to PG course through distance education mode are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Also, there are no income criteria for students to be eligible for this scholarship.
How to Fill Application Form for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme?
The complete scholarship application process is easy and simple, as it has been made online. The applicants can apply for this UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship through the official portal of National Scholarship Portal. Follow the below highlighted steps to fill the application form of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2020.
- The candidates applying on National Scholarship Portal for the first time need to register with NSP as a new user.
- Fill in all the required information and click on ‘Register’ to get registered. A student application ID and password is generated on the registered mobile number.
- The girl candidates need to log in to NSP using the newly generated ID and password. An OTP is sent on the registered mobile number using which the candidates must change their password, which is a mandatory step.
- Once the password is changed, the candidates are directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page, where applicants need to click on ‘Application form’ to start the application process.
- The applicants need to provide all the necessary details such as registration details, academic details, basic details, contact details and scheme details.
- All the required documents in support of identity and academic eligibility must be uploaded by the applicants.
- Now, the filled-in application form must be saved as a draft so that the applicant can check every detail once again to make sure they are correct.
- Finally, the candidate must click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the completed scholarship application form.
Documents Required To Submit
There are a few important documents that the applicants must keep with them while filling the Scholarship application form. Given below is the list of all the necessary documents that the applicants need to complete the application process.
- Student must be required Income Certificate and Caste Certificate.
- Proof of admission required.
- Must be required bank account details of the institution and the student.
- Fee structure of the program required.
- One copy of passport size photograph and signature of the student.
- Student Identity card required.
- An affidavit of ₹ 50 stamp paper from the parents/girl duly attested by the First Class Magistrate/ Gazetted Officer/ SDM mentioning that she is the only child in the family.
Terms and Conditions
- This scholarship is not applicable to students pursuing post-graduation through distance education.
- The host institution needs to verify the candidate's online application.
- All the disbursals of the scholarship will be governed by the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
- All the incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Those students who fail to get promoted to the next class/level will forfeit the scholarship.
- UGC will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of this scholarship scheme.
- The students will not be permitted to change the course after the award of the scholarship.