CBSE Scholarship 2020 - Focusing on Single Girl Child Students
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) offers Single Girl Child Scholarship 2020-21 to the meritorious girl students, who are the only child of their parents. This is a step ahead in the direction of the promotion of the girl’s education in the country. To avail the benefits under this scholarship program, an applicant should have passed in Class 10th in a 2020 year with a minimum aggregate score of 60% or CGPA 6.2. Also, they should be continuing their studies +2 studies.
Those students, who wish to apply for Single Girl Child Scholarship, must submit the application form before the last date of the scheme that is 10th December 2020 via online mode. The fellowship aims to promote education for girls who want to continue their studies.
CBSE Scholarship 2020 Latest Update - the Central Board of Secondary Education has released a detailed notification on the official website stating that the students are invited for the 2020 session of the CBSE single girl child scholarship scheme. According to the dates provided online, the candidates eligible for the Scholarship scheme are advised to complete the registration process until 10th December 2020. The link to complete the registrations for the scholarship scheme is available on the official website of the board.
CBSE Scholarship: Quick Overview
|10 Dec 2020
|Class / Course
|School Based Scholarship
|₹ 500/- per month for two years
|14 - 15 Years
As per the details provided the candidates eligible for the scholarship are required to submit the online applications by 10th December 2020, while the hard copy of the application form for renewal has to be submitted by 28th December 2020. The hard copies are to be received before the last date as late applications will not be considered. Check major updates below in this guide.
About the Benefits of Single Girl Child Scholarship
The fellowship will be awarded for the period of 2 years. However, after passing class 11th examination with minimum 50% marks, candidates have to apply for renewal of scholarship. The selected students will receive INR 500/- per month. Payment will be done through NEFT /ECS.
Scholarship Per Month
Total Scholarship for 2 years
Scroll left or right to view full table
Eligibility under the CBSE scholarship
- An applicant should be the single girl child of their parents.
- She should have passed Class 10th with a minimum aggregate score of 60% or CGPA 6.2.
- The application must have attached an original copy of the affidavit attested by the Gazetted officer, with her application.
- Also, the application form should be attested by the Principal of the school/Head of the institute from where the student is pursuing the Class 11th.
- The candidate must have passed Class 10th examination in 2019 from any CBSE affiliated school.
- The tuition fee of the CBSE School from where the applicant has done her Class 10th should not be more than ₹ 1500/- per month. For Class 11th and 12th additional 10% enhancement in fee is considered.
- For CBSE board NRI students, the maximum tuition fees will be up to INR 6000/- per month.
How to Apply for Single Girl Child 2020 Scholarship Program -
- Click here to apply online.
- Go through all the guidelines listed and make sure you meet the criteria.
- Candidate needs to enter her class 10th roll number and date of birth.
- Enter all your personal details carefully and submit the form.
- Note down the Registration Number shown on the page. This will be used while uploading documents and also for all other future communications.
- Download the undertaking form as provided on the below link.
- Fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from school.
- Prepare affidavit, as per format provided in the “Guidelines Document”.
- Scan the above two documents, i.e. Affidavit and Undertaking so as to create JPG image file of up to 1MB size.
- Go to “Upload Document” option and upload all the required documents.
- Go to print “Confirmation Page” option and generate the confirmation page.
- At last print the confirmation page and keep it for future reference.
CBSE Scholarship Important Dates 2020
Check the important dates of CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child (Class X - 2020)
Last Date to Apply
10th December 2020
List available for shortlist candidates
21st December 2020
Conducting the interview process
02nd January 2021
Shoplifting candidates for final procedure
12th January 2021
Final result announced
Distribution of scholarships
Scroll left or right to view full table