Leicester Scholarship 2018 Specifically for Asian and African Students
Published on : 13 Jul 2018
The international students from Asia and Africa can apply for the University of Leicester Scholarship scheme 2018. They can avail the benefits under this scholarship to pursue Postgraduate programme at the College of Science and Engineering at Leicester in UK.
Leicester Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Aug 2018|
|Class / Course||Engineering 1-4 Year|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate, International|
|Awarded Amount||22 - 28% reimbursement of the tuition fee|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the Leicester Post-graduate scholarship for Science and Engineering 2018
- Those international students who are selected for this scholarship will get 22 – 28% reimbursement of their tuition fee.
- The scholarship is given for pursuing any of the following courses - Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Informatics, and Astronomy. It is given for the courses which are available only within the campus.
Eligibility for the Leicester Post-graduate scholarship for Science and Engineering 2018
- The applicants should have Bachelors in the related subject to become eligible for the scholarship.
- A candidate should not be availing benefits under any other scholarship award/ grant.
- An applicant should be fluent in the English language. He/ she either produce an IELTS certificate or should have done Class 12th and Bachelors in the English language.
- The applicants should belong to any one of the following countries –
Asian countries – Thailand, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka.
African countries - Benin, Angola, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho,Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Sao Tome,Rwanda, and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Togo, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania,Zimbabwe,Uganda, Zambia.
The applicant’s written as well as spoken language must be English. It is important because the course and classes for it will take place in English only. It is hence, better for the student to be fully fluent and familiar with the language.
An applicant can provide a proof of his or her knowledge in the language in the following ways: -
- Education in English: The applicant attended high school or graduation in an institution whose medium is ENGLISH.
- IELTS: Take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test and attach its score along with the application form. This test checks the proficiency of the language and the student is required to meet the minimum score criteria.
- Selected Indian degrees: Only applicants with an undergraduate degree from the listed universities/colleges are eligible to apply for the Leicester scholarship.
- Other tests and qualifications: In order to be considered, the score of other tests will matter only if they have been taken in the past two years.
How to Apply
- Students are automatically considered for the scholarship once they take admission.
- The university pays special attention to the scores and performance of the Asian and African students.
- After the final results, the university notifies the selected students about the scholarship and reimbursement of their fee.
- Applications are accepted only till September 2018.
Subscribe Now for Leicester Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.