Leicester Scholarship 2020 – Available for Asian and African Students
The international students who are seeking a platform to complete admission in the University of Leicester, but due to their financial condition they won’t be able to do it. To offer financial support for financially deprived candidates, the fellowship platform of University of Leicester scholarships has been launched by the education institution in the late 19th century. Under Leicester Scholarship 2020, international students will get an opportunity to pursue Postgraduate programme at the College of Science and Engineering at Leicester in UK.
The applications for the fellowship scheme are open and will close on 12th September 2020. Candidates who will be selected will receive a fellowship grant of £4,000 with 22 – 28% reimbursement of their tuition fee.
Leicester Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||12 Sep 2020|
|Class / Course||Post Graduates, Undergraduates|
|Awarded Amount||£4,000 with 22 – 28% reimbursement of their tuition fee|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Leicester scholarship 2020 invites all the astounding fellows for the University of Leicester scholarships. The fellowship scheme is facilitates all the international students and make them eligible to complete their higher studies.
Benefits under the Leicester Scholarship 2020
- Those international students who are selected for this scholarship will get 22 – 28% reimbursement of their tuition fee.
- The scholarship is given for pursuing any of the following courses - Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Informatics, and Astronomy. It is given for the courses which are available only within the campus.
Eligibility Requirement for the Leicester Scholarship 2020
- The applicants should have Bachelors in the related subject to become eligible for the scholarship.
- A candidate should not be availing benefits under any other scholarship award/ grant.
- An applicant should be fluent in the English language. He/ she either produce an IELTS certificate or should have done Class 12th and Bachelors in the English language.
- The applicants should belong to any one of the following countries –
Asian countries – Thailand, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka.
African countries - Benin, Angola, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho,Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Sao Tome, Rwanda, and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Togo, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania,Zimbabwe,Uganda, Zambia.
The applicant’s written as well as spoken language must be English. It is important because the course and classes for it will take place in English only. It is hence, better for the student to be fully fluent and familiar with the language.
An applicant can provide a proof of his or her knowledge in the language in the following ways: -
- Education in English: The applicant attended high school or graduation in an institution whose medium is ENGLISH.
- IELTS: Take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test and attach its score along with the application form. This test checks the proficiency of the language and the student is required to meet the minimum score criteria.
- Selected Indian degrees: Only applicants with an undergraduate degree from the listed universities/colleges are eligible to apply for the Leicester scholarship.
- Other tests and qualifications: In order to be considered, the score of other tests will matter only if they have been taken in the past two years.
How to Apply?
- Students are automatically considered for the scholarship once they take admission. Click here to get more updates.
- The university pays special attention to the scores and performance of the Asian and African students.
- After the final results, the university notifies the selected students about the scholarship and reimbursement of their fee.
- Applications are accepted only till September 2020.