Apply, Surana & Surana International Essay Writing Competition 2019-20
The University Institute of Legal Studies invites applications from students to take part in the Surana & Surana International Essay Writing Competition 2019. Students studying in different graduation and post graduation courses can apply. Talking about the eligibility criteria, candidates who are pursuing their five year integrated Law/LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other UG or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World. The application process is over now for UILS, Surana & Surana International Essay Competition 2019.
However, for 2020 session, the applications are likely to held from 19th June 2020 to 07th August 2020. Check major updates of the UILS, Panjab University International Essay Competition.
Surana & Surana International Essay Writing Competition: Quick Overview
|Deadline||07 Aug 2020|
|Class / Course||Post Graduates, Undergraduates, Graduate, PHD, Law, M.PHILL, LL.B|
|Scholarship Type||Skill Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Prizes worth of ₹ 25,000|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The Centre for Trade Laws and Dispute Resolution (CTDR) is working with the collective ingenuity of UILS and Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution to promote interdisciplinary research in the field of trade law and dispute resolution.
Theme of the Scholarship
For the Surana & Surana International Essay Writing Competition 2020, the theme is “GLOBAL INITIATIVE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.”
- CSR: Evolution and Theories.
- CSR: Impact on Health, Sanitation, Education and other sectors.
- CSR: Legal Implications, Branding and Social Image.
- CSR: Sustainable Development vis-à-vis Trade.
- CSR: Environment and Sustainable Development.
- CSR: Rural outreach and adoption of villages.
The theme of the essay is kept broad in nature. The participants are allowed to take any particular sub-theme or can mould it keeping it intact with the central theme of the essay.
Benefits under the Fellowship Scheme (SURANA & SURANA AWARDS)
- First Prize – ₹ 25,000/-
- Second Prize – ₹ 15,000/-
- Third Prize – ₹ 10,000/-
- Consolation Prizes – ₹ 1,000/- (15 No’s)
- Candidates pursuing B.A.LLB././PhD./ LL.M/M. Phil or any other Bachelors or Master courses (apart from Law) from any University across the world are welcome to apply.
- Top three position holders of RGNUL are not eligible for the top three prizes but will receive a special prize by the Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the valedictory function.
How to Apply - Surana & Surana International Essay Writing Competition
- Write an essay in English and email it to [email protected]
- Submit the essay in MS Word format with filename “Essay Competition” - Name of Author(s) and the Registration form.
- Make a cover page that includes your Full Name, Nationality, address, e-mail address, contact number and name, address and program of college/university.
- Submit an abstract and bibliography along with the essay.
- Use a font size of 12 points in Times New Roman with 1.5 with intercellular spaces.
- The word limit of the abstract is 300 words including the title and keywords.
- The word limit of the essay is 2,000 words. (excluding abstract and footnotes)
- Footnotes must be as per 19th Bluebook Citation Format.
Important Details (Tentative)
Scholarship Events 2020
Beginning of the application process
19th June 2020
Last date to apply
07th August 2020
Last date to submit essay
14th August 2020
Declaration of results
Scroll left or right to view full table
Terms and Conditions
- Only one submission per author.
- Co-authorship limit is 2.
- Fill a separate Registration Form in case of co-authorship.
- Make the essay original and unique. (Not Published Anywhere Before or Under any consideration for publication )
- Contain 0% plagiarism in the essay content
- Neither RGNUL nor Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai will be responsible for the act of plagiarism.
- No use of Identification mark in any part of the essay.
- Don’t forget to send the Registration form along with the essay. Make sure the form is sealed and signed by the Head of Institution / University.
- The name of the winner will be displayed on the official website.
- In case of unavailability of the head of the institution, any senior faculty may sign the form. Or you may send the scanned copy of your Identity Card.