L’Oreal Scholarship 2018 for Young Female Science Aspirants
Last Updated : 06 Nov 2018
L’Oréal India believes that Science is the women’s contribution to Science is important for its future. Thus, the L’Oréal India for Young Women in Science Scholarship Programme encourages and helps young females to pursue a career in Science.
The program has been helping young and economically disadvantaged women to pursue scientific education since 2003. The value of the scholarship is of ₹ 2,50,000 each that includes college fees to pursue a scientific course at a well-known college or university in India.
L'Oreal Scholarship Scheme 2018 Latest Notification: The closing date to submit to applications for the program was 18th July 2018. Subscribe to Exams Planner and get updates related to the result announcement. You will also receive timely information on other scholarship programs.
L'Oreal Scholarship Scheme: Quick Overview
|Deadline||18 Jul 2018|
|Class / Course||Undergraduates|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 2.5 lakhs in equal instalments till the end of the course|
|Age Limit||19 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The scholarship is for girls with a desire to pursue graduation in Science or related subjects. It is necessary for each applicant to meet the following criterion: -
- Having an interest in Science fields such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine, Information Technology, Biotechnology, and other graduate courses pertaining to Science (B.Sc)
- Applicants who have passed class 12th in the academic year 2018
- Students with a minimum score of 85% in PCB/PCM subjects
- The maximum age to apply for the program is 19 years as on 31st May 2018
- Candidates with an annual family income less than ₹4 lakhs
Benefits under the Scholarship
Selected candidates receive ₹ 2,50,000 each to pursue higher studies in Science. They get this amount in equal annual instalments and not as a loan. The refunding of the reward is subject to the student passing her exams.
How to Apply
Go through these easy steps to apply for the scholarship:-
- Click here to visit the official Young Women in Science website.
- Click on the 'Apply Now’ button on the right corner of the website.
- Register by using your email address
- Fill in all the details in the form.
- Write an essay and attach all the documents
- Finally, submit the form.
Don’t forget to enclose the following documents with the application form: -
- Age or Date of Birth Proof
- Annual family income certificate/salary slip to prove parents income.
- A copy of class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- An essay describing the reason you want to pursue a career in Science and how the scholarship reward will help you achieve your future goals.
Within two months of receiving the scholarship letter, every student has to submit:-
- College admission letter and fee receipt (duly signed)
- Applicant’s personal bank account number
- A copy of PAN Card or Aadhar Card
- A copy of the bank passbook which clearly shows the IFSC code and account details.
- A CANCELLED Blank Cheque
- An undertaking signed by the applicant and either one of the parents
Shortlisted candidates and her parents receive a call to attend the interview round that takes place in Mumbai/ Delhi/ Bangalore/ Hyderabad/ Kolkata (based on the area in which the candidate lives) at their own cost. A jury consisting of prominent members of the scientific and academic communities along with L'Oréal India representatives conduct the interview.
Subscribe Now for L'Oreal Scholarship Scheme Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.