International Finance Olympiad 2018, Register Now and Win Rewards
International Finance Olympiad (IFO) by the International Institute of Financial Markets and the Economic Times is for students from classes 8th to 12th. The aim of the exam is to make youngsters aware of the need and art of managing money. With this, young students will learn to infuse the habit the analysing finance in their day to day lives.
The IFO team knows that finance knowledge for students is only at a budding stage for now and thus efforts are being made globally to include it in the school curriculum. The Olympiad invites all the schools across India and Middle-East to take part in the contest.
International Finance Olympiad 2018 Latest Notification: The last date to apply for the Olympiad is 30th August 2018. The school-level round will take place from 1st September 2018 to 15th November 2018. After this students will reach the regional-level round that will begin from 16th November 2018 and end on 24th December 2018. Stay tuned to get updates related to the Grand Finale.
International Finance Olympiad: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Aug 2018|
|Class / Course||Class 8, Class 9, Class 10, Class 11, Class 12|
|Awarded Amount||Up to ₹ 2 lakhs|
|Apply Now||Click here|
International Finance Olympiad Important Dates
1st May 2018 to 30th August 2018
1st September 2018 to 15th November 2018
16th November 2018 to 24th December 2018
10th January 2018 to 10th February 2018
Scroll left or right to view full table
International Finance Olympiad Eligibility Criteria
Students are eligible to apply for the International Finance Olympiad only if they meet the following criteria: -
- The candidate should be from class 8th to 12th.
- The applicant must be studying in an identified school in India or the Middle East.
Benefits under International Finance Olympiad
Candidates taking part in the competition will receive the following benefits: -
- Cash Scholarships worth ₹1.6 lakhs for students who reach the Grand Finale.
- Cash Scholarships worth ₹2 lakhs for students who reach the Regional Round.
- Assessment report and participation certificate.
How to Apply
Students may take part in the contest either through their respective schools or via an individual application.
Applications via Schools:
- Schools need to register through the school association form.
- Click here to get the form.
- After completing all the details, click on the Associate Now button.
- The school then needs to pay a registration fee of ₹850 per student for all the students applying either through a cheque or through a DD.
- Make the Cheque/DD in favour of International Institute of Financial Markets Ltd and send it to: -
IIFM Ltd HS 14
2nd Floor Kailash Colony Main Market
New Delhi - 110048
- Lastly, submit the details of all the applicants.
- Get the individual application from here.
- Fill up all the necessary details.
- Pay ₹1,000 as registration fee (including postage and handling fees) via debit card, credit card or net banking.
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ button.
Understand the exam pattern to prepare for the Olympiad: -
- The question paper for school level exam is Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) based.
- The regional round will take place at ten different locations for the eligible students.
- The regional round consists of a written exam.
- There is also an audio-visual question answer round for students reaching the regional round.
Terms and Conditions
Read the following conditions before applying for the Olympiad: -
- The final round is an on-stage oral quiz in which winning teams from different regions will compete against each other to reach the international Grand Finale.
- Each team that reaches the final round should consist of four members (two students from class- 8th,9th or 10th and two students from class- 11th or 12th)