Take Part in ICWA Essay Competition to Get Rewards and Scholarship
Published on : 20 Jul 2018
The ICWA Essay Competition is a part of the ‘Awareness Programme on Indian Foreign Policy’ initiative taken by the Indian Council of World Affairs. Students studying in school (junior level) or pursuing their graduation/post graduation (senior level) are invited to take part in this program.
Besides creating awareness, it is also a platform for young writers to showcase their talent and get rewarded for it. Getting appreciated is the biggest morale booster and students with so much study pressure in today’s day and age require just that.
The last date to submit essays for both junior and senior level students is 31st July 2018.
ICWA Essay Competition: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Jul 2018|
|Class / Course||Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8, Class 9, Class 10, Class 11, Class 12, Undergraduates, Graduate|
|Scholarship Type||School, Under Graduate, Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||Up to ₹ 25,000|
|Age Limit||15 - 25 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Topics for Essay Writing
Participants are required to write on the following topics: -
Junior Level: “Why climate change is important for India’s Foreign Policy?” in 1500 words
Senior Level: - ‘Is India’s Foreign Policy an instrument for our development?’ in 2500 words
- School Students – Age 15 to 18 years
- College/University Students: Age 18-25 years
Benefits of Participating in ICWA Essay Writing Scholarship
The prize range is different for both levels of participants:
2nd Prize: ₹ 10,000
3rd Prize: ₹ 5,000
2nd Prize: ₹ 15,000
3rd Prize: ₹ 10,000
How to Apply
Kindly follow the steps mentioned below: -
- Click here to go to the competition page.
- Register as a new user
- Go to the application form
- Fill up all the details
- Attach all the essential documents
- Carefully submit the application form.
Terms and Conditions
- The senior-level participants must be enrolled in a college/university.
- The entries should include a separate cover page carrying the following personal information:
1) Name of the applicant
2) Father/Mother’s Name
4) Name and Address of School/College/ University
5) Home Address
6) Contact Number
7) Email Address
- Essays can either be sent online at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the MyGov portal latest by 30th July.
- Students may even submit their essays in video format through Youtube or any other video URL.
- Follow the word limit (junior and senior level)
- Submit an essay in PDF file format.
- Font Style = Book Antiqua, Times New Roman or Cambria.
- Font size = 12
- Line spacing = 1.15
- Paper Margins: allow 1-inch margins on all four sides and justify text on both sides
- The entry should be original. Copied entries will be rejected.
- Attach a certificate from School/College/University along with the essay submission.
Subscribe Now for ICWA Essay Competition Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.