Take Part in ICWA Essay Competition 2020 and Win Cash Rewards
The ICWA Essay Competition is a part of the ‘Awareness Programme on Indian Foreign Policy’ initiative taken by the Indian Council of World Affairs. Students studying in school (junior level) or pursuing their graduation/post graduation (senior level) are invited to take part in ICWA Essay Competition 2020.
Besides creating awareness, it is also a platform for young writers to showcase their talent and get rewarded for it. Getting appreciated is the biggest morale booster and students with so much study pressure in today’s day and age require just that. For the 2019 session, the last date to enrol was 30th September, while for the year 2020; there is no official declaration of the dates for the same.
ICWA Essay Competition: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Sep 2019|
|Class / Course||Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8, Class 9, Class 10, Class 11, Class 12, Undergraduates, Graduate|
|Scholarship Type||School, Under Graduate, Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||Up to ₹ 25,000|
|Age Limit||15 - 25 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
ICWA Essay Competition 2020 is a part of the ‘Awareness Programme on Indian Foreign Policy’ that has been granted since ages to the school (15-18 years) and college level students (18-25 years) every year. Check complete details below.
Benefits of Participating in ICWA Essay Writing Competition 2020
The prize range is different for both levels of participants:
1st Prize: ₹ 15,000
2nd Prize: ₹ 10,000
3rd Prize: ₹ 5,000
1st Prize: ₹ 25,000
2nd Prize: ₹ 15,000
3rd Prize: ₹ 10,000
Scroll left or right to view full table
Topics for the Essay Writing
Participants are required to write on the following topics: -
Junior Level: “Why climate change is important for India’s Foreign Policy?” ‘Why should India be friends with its neighbours?
'Why Indian Foreign policy should give top priority to neighbours?’ in 1500 words
Senior Level: ‘Impact of International Affairs on Daily Lives in India’
‘Impact of Government's Foreign Policy on Daily Lives in India’ in 2500 words
Eligibility Criteria for ICWA Scholarship 2020
- School Students – Age 15 to 18 years
- College/University Students: Age 18-25 years
How To Apply?
Kindly follow the steps mentioned below: -
- Click here to go to the competition page.
- Register as a new user
- Go to the application form
- Fill up all the details
- Attach all the essential documents
- Carefully submit the application form.
ICWA Essay Writing Competition 2020 – Terms and Conditions
- The senior-level participants must be enrolled in a college/university.
- The entries should include a separate cover page carrying the following personal information:
- Name of the applicant
- Father/Mother’s Name
- Name and Address of School/College/ University
- Home Address
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Essays can either be sent online at - [email protected] or to the MyGov portal latest by 30th September.
- Students may even submit their essays in video format through Youtube or any other video URL.
- Follow the word limit (junior and senior level)
- Submit an essay in PDF file format.
- Font Style = Book Antiqua, Times New Roman or Cambria.
- Font size = 12
- Line spacing = 1.15
- Paper Margins: allow 1-inch margins on all four sides and justify text on both sides
- The entry should be original. Copied entries will be rejected.
- Attach a certificate from School/College/University along with the essay submission.