International Teachers: Research in Japan with MEXT Scholarship 2020
The government of Japan invites applications from international teachers to enrol their ground for the MEXT Scholarship Program 2020. The Ministry of Education, Sports, Culture, and Technology, Government of Japan offer scholarships to international teachers. Under this scholarship programme, they are required to carry on research at the Japanese University on the topic ‘School education’.
The scholarship aims at promoting knowledge and cultural exchanges between the two nations. For the 2020 MEXT Scholarship scheme, the applications has been over now, as the window was available till 13th May 2019.
Kato Asao International Scholarship in Japan: Quick Overview
|13 May 2019
|Class / Course
|Up to ¥ 143,000 per month
MEXT Japan Scholarship 2020 is an initiated launched by the Government of Japan. The fellowship committee offers scholarships for Master & Doctoral Degree in the fields which you have studied in your country.
About MEXT Masters & Ph.D. Scholarship
For MEXT Research Scholarship candidates should need to apply for the field of study they are majored in at university or its related field. A student who wants to study medicine, dentistry or welfare science can go for the scheme and obtains a relevant license from the Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare under applicable Japanese laws.
Benefits under the MEXT Scholarship 2020
- The MEXT is a fully-funded scholarship.
- Those applicants who are selected for this scholarship get ¥ 143,000 on the monthly basis to meet their living expenses.
- If the selected applicant is to carry on the research in some of the far-flung areas of Japan, then they are given an additional amount of ¥ 2,000 or 3,000 to meet their living expenses.
- They also get the tuition-fee to be paid at the university to pursue their research.
- They are reimbursed for the entrance exam application cost, matriculation and other expenses that are borne by the student at the university.
- Travel-related costs are also reimbursed.
Eligibility for the MEXT Master’s & Ph.D. Scholarship 2020
- Applicants should be international students.
- They should not be born later than 2nd April 1983.
- They should be graduates and should have been into teaching for at least 5 years (completing on 1st April 2019).
- As a teacher, they should have taught on the Primary/ Secondary level schools/ institutions.
- They should be interested to learn the Japanese language.
- They should be in possession of the student VISA.
How to Apply? MEXT Japan Scholarship Program 2020
- Interested candidates can get the application form online or directly from the Embassy of Japan. Click here for online application.
- MEXT scholarship application form once completed can be submitted either by hand or by post on the official address of the country you live in.
Documents Required for MEXT Scholarship Program:
- Given Application form, appropriately filled
- Letter of recommendation, as mentioned in the sample from your Principal
A (brief) statement of purpose for applying for this scholarship
Eligibility Criteria of Selection
- The Embassy of Japan will perform the selection process through a written exam, face-to-face interview as well as an evaluation of the submitted documents.
- Only candidates who get shortlisted will be contacted for the written test. Moreover, the Embassy acquires the right to decline or reject any application without stating any reason.
MEXT Japan Scholarship Important Dates 2020
Check out the important dates of the fellowship scheme:
Beginning of the application process
Last date to apply
13th May 2019
Announcement of the result
5th June 2020
Beginning of the session
Scroll left or right to view full table