Kato Asao Scholarship for Asian Students Exclusively in Japan
Published on : 12 Jul 2018
The Kyoto University, Japan invites applications for the Kato Asao scholarship 2018. This scholarship is meant for international students from the Asian countries. It is given for pursuing Masters and Ph. D programme from the Kyoto University.
The last date to apply for the Kato Asao scholarship 2018 is 1st February 2018.
Kato Asao International Scholarship in Japan: Quick Overview
|Deadline||01 Feb 2018|
|Class / Course||Master & Doctoral Programs|
|Scholarship Type||Master & Doctoral Programs|
|Awarded Amount||¥ 150,000 per month for Ph.D. programmes, ¥ 130,000 for Master’s Programmes|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the Kato Asao scholarship 2018
- It is a fully –funded scholarship programme. Those applicants who are selected under this scholarship programme receive a good amount to pursue their studies.
- For pursuing Masters Programme, students get ¥ 130,000 on the monthly basis to meet their study related expenses.
- For pursuing Ph. D programme, students get ¥ 150,000 on the monthly basis to meet their living and other expenses.
- The total number of the scholarship for Asian students is 1.
Eligibility for the Kato Asao scholarship 2018
- Only Asian students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- They should have done Graduation from a recognized university.
- They should be proficient in the English language and should be able to communicate in the Japanese language.
About Kato Asao Scholarships
AFS Japan has been designated by Japan's Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) to actualize the Kato Asao grant program concentrated on encouraging intercultural communication and exchange in Japan and 20 other Asian nations.
The initiative has been created by the Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to enhance the relationship amongst teenagers of Japan with other Asian countries across the world. Another program called “Kakehashi” was implemented recently which focused on providing a scholarship to over 1,000 Asian students in reputed high schools in Japan in the next 5 years.
Japan has taken this special initiative in order to increase the number of international students in its universities.
Kyoto College or Kyodai is a countrywide school in Kyoto, Japan. It is the second most prepared Japanese school, absolutely one of Asia's most essential situated schools and surely one of Japan's Nationwide Seven Universities. The Kato Asao Scholarship is thus, an extension to the Kakehashi program for improving the ratio of international students studying in Japan educational institutes.
How to Apply
- Go through the application guidelines before investing time in filling the application form.
- Interested candidates are required to submit a hard copy of their documents to the Office of Student Affairs, Graduate School of Medicine (Kyoumu), 1st Floor, Building B.
- Other important documents may be submitted via the Certificate of Academic Transcript (copy readily available) right after undergraduate registration in the selected choice of program for Declaration of Understanding and Agreement on Application for International Student Scholarship Application/ Japanese and English.
Subscribe Now for Kato Asao International Scholarship in Japan Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.