Complete your Higher Studies with INSPIRE Scholarship 2018
Published on : 06 Nov 2018
The Department of Science and Technology started the Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) program. Students who wish to pursue graduation can submit applications to earn scholarship award. This Government of India initiative supports meritorious students belonging to the underprivileged section of the society.
The scholarship has three components: -
- Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS): The scholarship award is worth ?5000 for one million young students from age 10-15 years (classes 6th to 10th). About 50000 science students of class 11th also get to participate in summers camps with global leaders in science on an annual basis through INSPIRE Internship.
- Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE): Over 10,000 students from ages 17-22 years receive this scholarship. The talented youth gets ?0.80 lakh per year for pursuing Bachelor and Masters level education in natural sciences. Moreover, every scholar gets mentorship support.
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORS): It is a fellowship for scholars in the age group, 22-27 years. The program offers 1000 scholarships every year for carrying out a doctoral degree in both basic and applied sciences including engineering and medicine.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2018 Latest Notification: Students can start submitting their applications for the academic year 2018-19 from September 2018 to October 2018 (Tentative). The list of short-listed candidates is likely to release in November 2018. Stay up-to-date with all the information related to this scholarship by subscribing to Exams Planner.
Inspire Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Oct 2018|
|Class / Course||Undergraduates, Graduate|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate, Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 5,000 for school students and ₹ 80,000 per annum for graduation|
|Age Limit||10 - 27 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Meeting the eligibility criteria mentioned below is necessary for each student: -
- The applicant should have passed class 12th in 2018 from a well-known State or Central Board in India.
- The candidate should be among the top 1% in the Class 12th examination.
- Those students who have secured the top 10,000 rank either in the JEE or the NEET exam are eligible for this scholarship.
- The candidate should be pursuing a Natural or the Basic science course.
Benefits under the Scholarship
There are a total of 10,000 scholarships available under this program. Specific benefits include: -
- Children from classes 6th to 10th get a stipend of ₹ 5,000 to participate in the Science programme.
- Those applicants who opt to pursue Bachelors and Masters in Science get ₹ 80,000 on an annual basis.
How to Apply
The quick and easy steps to apply for the scholarship are: -
- Visit the official INSPIRE website.
- On the left side of the Home Page, click on the ‘Scholarship’ option under the Announcement section.
- Download the guidelines files and proceed to fill the application form
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ button from the right-hand side of the home page.
- Register as a new user or enter log-in details if you are already a member.
- After logging in, start filling the form with accurate details
- Upload a passport size photograph
- Attach all the necessary documents
- Take a print out of the application form for future reference.
- Hit Submit.
Every student has to submit these documents to complete the application process: -
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Class 10th mark sheet and Certificate to prove Date of Birth
- College admission letter (duly signed on the official letterhead)
- A certificate which clearly shows Rank or Award
An Internal Committee screens the applications and shortlists candidates. The expert committee then conducts the final selection. INSPIRE publishes the list of eligible students on their official web portal.
Subscribe Now for Inspire Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.