New Bridge Fellowship 2018 for International Students and Researchers
Last Updated : 14 Nov 2018
Applications are invited from the international students for the New Bridge Fellowship programme 2018. This fellowship programme is run by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. The fellowship award is given in Social Science, Humanities, and Natural Science.
The last date to apply for the New Bridge Fellowship Programme 2018 is 14th March 2018.
New Bridge Fellowship: Quick Overview
|Class / Course||Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences|
|Awarded Amount||Allowance of up-to ¥15,000 + travel expense|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits of the New Bridge Fellowship Programme 2018
- Those applicants who are selected for this fellowship get their whole research expenses covered under the fellowship programme.
- They can claim a research grant of ¥ 150,000 to carry on their research successfully.
- In addition, they are also given a daily living stipend of ¥ 15,000 throughout the period of their research.
- Cost of air-fares (round trip) is given for research related travels.
- Students are extended insurance coverage for overseas travels.
- The total number of the fellowship is 40.
Eligibility for the New Bridge Fellowship Programme 2018
- Applicants should be international students.
- They should have been enrolled under the JSPS (Society for the Promotion of Science) research programmes. In other words, they should have an experience of doing research in Japan.
- The applicant is a regular member of the JSPS alumni association. The association should have an official recognition.
- The alumni association follows a screening test which an applicant should pass.
- The applicant should also fulfil the Form B criteria.
- They should be proficient in the English language.
About New Bridge Fellowship 2018
The Bridge Fellowship Program provides international students and JSPS fellows with an opportunity to visit Japan to study or to implement joint research projects and seminars, to offer training or lectures for young researchers, or to prepare or attend scientific conferences and research meetings.
The review of each BRIDGE fellowship application is done by the nominating committee of each alumni association. The total number of fellowships is around 40 for 2018-19.
How to Apply
- Download the official application form and mail it to [email protected].
Click here for the online application form.
- Before submitting the form, go through the prescribed guidelines and follow the instructions.
- Evaluate the schedule of the selected program and verify whether or not you can commit in the given dates.
- Superior’s signatures need to be attached with a 600 word easy or a video statement.
- The submitted applications are reviewed by the alumni association in coordination with the JSPS office.
- Selected candidates are invited for an in-person interview round
- The result of the interview round result will be out on July 9th, 2018.
- Rejected applicants will not be notified with the result.
Subscribe Now for New Bridge Fellowship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.