Make Philately Projects to Win Deen Dayal Scholarship
Last Updated : 13 Jul 2018
Here is an opportunity for those students who like to collect the postage stamps. The Indian Postal department has announced to give Deendayal scholarship for the SPARSH (Promotion of Aptitude and Research in Stamps as a Hobby). Under this scholarship, students will be given ? 6000 annually. The total number of the scholarship is 920.
The Indian postal department has issued instructions to all circles for this scholarship. From each circle, 40 students will be selected to receive the benefit of the scholarship.
The selection of the beneficiary students will be made on the basis of their performance in the competitive selection process. Under the competitive selection process students are required to pass the Philately Quiz exam and Project work related to the Philately.
There are some additional eligibility criteria also for the scholarship. The students should be studying in Class 6th to Class 9th. They should have a minimum score of 60% marks in the previously passed class. However, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students are given a relaxation in the minimum marks requirement. They should have a minimum score of 55% marks in the previously passed class.
Deendayal Scholarship for Philatelists: Quick Overview
|Deadline||20 Jul 2018|
|Class / Course||Class 6, Class 9|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 6,000 per annum|
|Apply Now||Click here|
- Candidate should be a student of a registered and recognized a school of/within India.
- The school must have a separate club dedicated to Philately Club and interested candidate must be a member of that club.
- If the school is not an established institution, a student having a Philately Deposit Account may also be considered.
- The student must hold a good academic record. This means that at the time of scholarship selection, he or she must have scored at least 60% marks or equivalent grade/ grade point in the recent concluding examination. There is a 5% relaxation for SC/ST students.
- The scholarship comes under the Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana, thus the selection is based on the evaluation of Project work on Philately
- The student’s performance in the Philately Quiz will be carried out by the Circles.
- The submitted project of the applicant would be evaluated and checked by a committee constituted at the circle level consisting of Postal Officials and well-known Philatelists.
- Topics for the project are issued by the circles via a notification on the official India post website of Indian Government.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be provided only to those students who fully meet the eligibility criteria, no exceptions will be made.
- Selections will take place for a year and there is no limitation on a student who is already selected to apply next year, provided he or she meets the provided conditions.
- Every potential school which has candidates in the competition would be assigned a Philately Mentor. The mentor is to be chosen from amongst the well-known Philatelist.
- The Philately Mentor assigned for the school would help information about a Philately Club within the school if there isn’t one already.
- The mentor will further provide necessary guidance to young and aspiring Philatelist on how to practice the hobby in future and also direct the hopeful Philatelists on their upcoming Philately Projects.
Subscribe Now for Deendayal Scholarship for Philatelists Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.