Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2020-21 By Central Government
Last Updated : 21 Sep 2020
The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is all set to invite applications for Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2020 scholarship portal. Students who belong to Scheduled Caste category and have taken admission in full-time degree courses at undergraduate or postgraduate level can apply. To uplift the student’s morale, the scheme aims to recognize and promote quality education beyond class 12 among Scheduled Caste students.
A total of 1,500 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year under this scheme. For the 2020-21 session, no application dates has been announced yet due to COVID-19, however it is expected to open in the mid-week of October 2020 and will close on 24th November 2020.
Top Class Education Scheme: Quick Overview
|Deadline||24 Nov 2020|
|Class / Course||Class 12|
|Scholarship Type||College Level Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Full tuition fee and other allowances|
|Age Limit||17 - 25 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2020-21 is offering with an objective to support needy students finically and help them in pursuing higher education. Check complete details below in this article.
Benefits under the Scholarship
There are a total of 1,500 scholarships that will be awarded to the eligible students. Selected students will receive the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers a non-refundable full tuition fee of up to ₹ 2 lakhs per annum for private institutions and ₹ 3.72 Lakhs per annum for private flight clubs such as Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses.
- Shortlisted scholars will also get stationery and books allowance of ₹ 3,000/- per annum.
- Accommodation allowance or living expense of ₹ 2,200/- per month will also be given to the scholars.
- Additionally, the awardees will get one-time financial assistance of ₹ 45,000 for the Latest computer/laptop along with accessories like printer and UPS.
Eligibility Criteria For Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
Any student who has completed higher secondary education can apply for this scholarship. Below are the eligibility conditions which students have to necessarily fulfill to apply for Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2020-21:
- Only the SC category students are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Must have completed 10+2 level of examination.
- He/she must have taken admission in a full-time undergraduate degree program at a notified educational institution.
- The family income of the applicant must not exceed ₹ 6 Lakhs.
How to Apply for the Scheme?
Interested students can take a part to the online application process of the scholarship scheme by implementing the following steps:
- Students can apply for this scheme through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by visiting this link.
- Complete the registrations by tapping the “New Registration”.
- Candidates must read all the instructions carefully to acquaint themselves with the application procedure.
- Click on ‘continue’.
- Now, select state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type, gender and enter details like name, DOB, mobile number, email ID, bank details, etc.
- Verify your mobile number through OTP.
- After that, login your account by entering the application ID and password.
- Fill the rest of the details in the form and submit it.
- At last, note down the system generated user ID/application ID for further references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Essential Documents Required For Top Class Education Scheme For SC
It is necessary for each candidate to attach or upload these documents: -
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Bank account details of the institution and the student
- Proof of admission
- Scorecard of entrance exam qualified (if applicable)
- Fee Structure of the program
Important Dates To Remember
Below you can find the important dates for the scheme:
Important Dates (Tentative)
Beginning to the application window
Mid-week of October 2020
Last date to apply
24th November 2020
Last date for application verification
02nd December 2020
Announcement of result
07th December 2020
Subscribe Now for Top Class Education Scheme Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.