Participate in Anthem Essay Contest 2019, and Win Up To USD 70,000
The Ayn Rand Institute is an internet-based education portal which enable students to access their classroom via online mode. The Anthem Essay Contest 2019 is an initiative taken by the prominent institute with the motive to inspire students of Class 8th to 12th. For the scheme, students are inviting from all over the globe. The annual summit of the fellowship program helps aspirants to experience the up-to-date and advanced version of online education and enable them to win over 230 prizes worth of more than USD 70,000.
Under the program, students have to submit a write up (essay) in the word limit of 600- 1200 word before the final commencement of the course. For Anthem Essay Contest, candidates have to submit their entries on or before 25th April 2019. Scroll down this page to understand the detailed structure of the fellowship scheme and get to know its eligibility criteria, scholarship amount, topics of the essay, and other useful details as mention down below.
Anthem Essay Contest: Quick Overview
|Deadline||25 Apr 2019|
|Class / Course||Class 8, Class 9, Class 10, Class 11, Class 12|
|Scholarship Type||School Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Scholarship grants worth of USD 70,000|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The Anthem Essay Contest 2019 is an opportunistic platform for the aspiring aspirants of India or Outside India. It offers an idealistic stage of learning for the genius minds of class 8th to 12th. Go through this article, to have a clear idea about the registration process, benefits and its allowance, etc. Read more to find out.
More about the Program
The Ayn Rand Institute (ARI) offers an enthralling gateway for the scholastic students of recognized schools. The annual summit of Anthem Essay Contest 2019 is divided into two categories i.e. for 8th, 9th, and 10th class scholars and for 11th and 12th class students. In order to submit their entries students have to write a piece of writing (an essay) considering the word limit of 600 to 1200 words on one of the following topics given by the institute -
- Near the end of the story, Prometheus writes that “the day will come when I shall . . . raze the cities of the enslaved” and that “the Councils of my brothers will be impotent against me.” Why do you think Prometheus foresees a struggle with his collectivist world? Why does he think he will prevail? For your essay, consider also what Ayn Rand writes in this excerpt from her novel The Fountainhead, titled “The Soul of an Individualist.”
- The old locks and lack of guards in the Palace of Corrective Detention indicate that prisoners never try to escape. Why do you think they do not? In your essay, consider the following excerpt from Ayn Rand’s novel The Fountainhead, titled “The Soul of a Collectivist.”
- Does the World Council of Scholars reject Equality only because he is different or for some additional reason? What is it about Equality, specifically; that they are so opposed to, and what do you think motivates their opposition toward him? Explain your answer.
Anthem Essay Contest 2019: Fellowship Benefits
The benefits of the Anthem Essay Contest are dispersed into 4 major categories which are as follows:
- 1 winner of the 1st place holder will receive USD 2000
- 3 winners of the 2nd place holder will receive USD 250 each
- 5 winners of the 3rd place holder will receive USD 100 each
- More than this, the other 50 finalists will receive USD 25 each
Note: Winners of the essay contest will be awarded a sum total of USD 70,000 which will be distributed amongst 230 prizes.
Eligibility Criteria for Anthem Essay Contest 2019
The Anthem Essay Contest is classified into two groups i.e. First-grade level and Second-grade level
Eligibility conditions for the first-grade level -
In this category, students belong to the grade 8th, 9th, or 10th are eligible to apply. All they need to do is pursue their studies from the recognized school or board.
Eligibility conditions for the second-grade level -
Aspirants belong to the grade 11th or 12th can apply under this category.
Note: For the competition, entries are invited from all over the world.
How can you submit applications for the program?
Enthusiast scholars who wish to join up with Anthem Essay Contest need to follow these below-mentioning steps for application.
For Online Applications
- Firstly, the candidate needs to submit a write up consisting of 600 to 1200 words on the above mentioning topics.
- Visit and open the online submission portal.
- Now create a new account simply by clicking on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Again Login into your account and complete the eligibility quiz and select a ‘Non-Educator’ option.
- After this, click on ‘View Programs’ button, create and submit your essay.
For Offline Applications
Students can also send their entries via offline mode; all they need to do is add a stapled cover sheet to the essay enclosed by the following information:
- Name and Address
- Name and Address of the School
- Selected Topic
- Current Grade Level
And send the essay with these above mentioning details to the following address:
Anthem Essay Contest
The Ayn Rand Institute
P.O Box 57044
Irvine, CA 92619-7044
Criteria of Selection for Anthem Essay Contest 2019
The top rankers will be elected on the basis of the characteristics of their essay writing are as under:
- Logically Organized
- Clear Writing
Important Dates of Anthem Essay Contest 2019
The closing dates for both the Anthem stages are different.
- Final date for class 8th, 9th, and 10th students- 25th April 2019
- Final date for class 11th and 12th students- 18th April 2019
- The declaration of final results- In the month of July 2019