International Teachers: Research in Japan with MEXT Scholarship 2018
Last Updated : 14 Nov 2018
The government of Japan invites applications from international teachers for the MEXT Scholarship 2018. The Ministry of Education, Sports, Culture, and Technology, Government of Japan offer scholarships to international teachers. Under this scholarship programme, they are required to carry on research at the Japanese University on the topic ‘School education’. The scholarship aims at promoting knowledge and cultural exchanges between the two nations.
The last date to apply for the MEXT Scholarship 2018 is 26th January 2018.
MEXT Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||26 Jan 2018|
|Class / Course||Teachers|
|Awarded Amount||Allowance of 143,000 yen per month, payment of tuition fee and transportation cost|
|Age Limit||34 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the MEXT Scholarship 2018
- The MEXT is a fully-funded scholarship.
- Those applicants who are selected for this scholarship get ¥ 143,000 on the monthly basis to meet their living expenses.
- If the selected applicant is to carry on the research in some of the far-flung areas of Japan, then they are given an additional amount of ¥ 2,000 or 3,000 to meet their living expenses.
- They also get the tuition-fee to be paid at the university to pursue their research.
- They are reimbursed for the entrance exam application cost, matriculation and other expenses that are borne by the student at the university.
- Travel-related costs are also reimbursed.
Eligibility for the MEXT Scholarship 2018
- Applicants should be international students.
- They should not be born later than 2nd April 1983.
- They should be graduates and should have been into teaching for at least 5 years (completing on 1st April 2018).
- As a teacher, they should have taught on the Primary/ Secondary level schools/ institutions.
- They should be interested to learn the Japanese language.
- They should be in possession of the student VISA.
Procedure for Application Submission
- Interested candidates can get the application form online or directly from the Embassy of Japan. Click here for online application.
- MEXT scholarship application form once completed can be submitted either by hand or by post on the official address of the country you live in.
Documents Required for MEXT Scholarship:
- Given Application form, appropriately filled.
- Letter of recommendation, as mentioned in the sample, from your Principal
- A (brief) statement of purpose for applying for this scholarship
- The Embassy of Japan will perform the selection process through a written exam, face-to-face interview as well as an evaluation of the submitted documents.
- Only candidates who get shortlisted will be contacted for the written test. Moreover, the Embassy acquires the right to decline or reject any application without stating any reason.
Subscribe Now for MEXT Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.