JEE Main Exam 2020 - Complete Guide for Filling Application Form
Published on : 30th September 2019 Author : Satyaranjan Bai
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is conducted in two phases - Main and Advanced. In the year 2019, for the first time, the National Testing Agency (earlier, it was being regulated by CBSE) conducted the JEE Main exam for admission to various undergraduate engineering courses at IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology), NITs (National Institutes of Technology) and other CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutes). On the other hand, the JEE Advanced exam is conducted by the seven zonal IITs (IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, and IIT Madras) on a rotational basis for those who qualify JEE Main. It is conducted for admission to IITs. Both the exams are conducted after 10+2. Candidates are required to apply online for the exams.
NTA JEE Main 2020 Latest Update - NTA has extended the last date for JEE Main January 2020 application process to 10th October 2019. Earlier, the last date for application submission was 30th September 2019.
NTA JEE Main Application Process 2020
The Central Board of Secondary Education used to conduct the JEE Main exam until 2018. CBSE, however, is no longer the conducting body of JEE Main. NTA (National Testing Agency) is entitled to the duties of conducting the exam and declaring the result, which ultimately releases the burdens of the Central Board of Secondary Education. Furthermore, NTA is conducting the JEE Main twice in a year. NTA JEE Main 2019 was conducted in January and April. The agency has now started the application process for JEE Main January 2020 session.
Candidates who are willing to take the test in the first edition, i.e. in January can access the online application form from 3rd September 2019. The last date for the submission of application form is
30 September 2019 (extended - 10th October 2019). Submit the form before the last date to avoid the last-minute hassle.
Here in this article, we are providing the step-by-step process for filling the Joint Entrance Examination form for both JEE Main and Advanced examination.
The NTA JEE Main online application form can be completed with the following steps:
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ button. Make sure ‘January JEE (Main) 2020’ is selected in the ‘Application Form’ drop-down.
- Read the instructions carefully, tick the check-box, and click on the ‘Click Here to PROCEED’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Now fill the registration form with details like candidate’s name, father/mother name, identification type and number, address, mobile number, email id, etc.
- Create a password, enter the security pin and click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- Your registration will be complete and a registration ID will appear on the screen.
- Now again visit the candidate’s login page and enter the registration ID and password to log-in and complete the application form.
- Enter details such as educational qualification, DoB, category, examination center preference, etc.
- Click on ‘Submit’ after reviewing the details. Edit the application form if you find any mistake.
- Upload the scanned images of your photo and signature.
- Click on ‘FINAL UPLOAD’
- Make fee payment through any of the available options – net banking, credit/debit card, etc.
- When the application form is submitted successfully, you are required to select the date of the examination. Follow the steps to complete the process.
- Take a printout of the confirmation page.
Candidates are advised to keep the username and password safe until the admission process ends.
Note: In case you have any query related to the online application form and fee payment, contact the Helpdesk at 0120-6895200. You can also access the Query Redressal System (QRS) at the official website.