The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is conducted in two phases - Main and Advanced. The JEE Main exam is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admission to undergraduate engineering courses offered by IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology), NITs (National Institutes of Technology) and other CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutes). And, the JEE Advanced exam is conducted by the seven zonal IITs (IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur and IIT Madras) on a rotational basis for those who qualify JEE Main. It is conducted for admission to IITs. Both the exams are conducted after 10+2. Candidates are required to apply online for the exam.
Here in this article, we are providing the step-by-step process for filling the Joint Entrance Examination form for both JEE Main and Advanced examination.
The NTA JEE Main online application form can be completed with the following steps:
- Go to the official JEE Main website - http://nta.ac.in/Engineeringexam.
- Click on the ‘Registration’ button.
- Click on ‘Apply for JEE (Main) – 2019’
- Read the instructions carefully, tick the check-box, and click on the ‘PROCEED TO APPLY ONLINE’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Fill the authentication form for Aadhaar Card and submit the details.
- Now fill the application form with details like examination centre, mode of examination, father/mother name, DOB, address, category, mobile number, email id, educational details, etc.
- Create a password, enter the security pin and click on ‘NEXT’ button.
- Click on ‘Submit’ after reviewing the details. Edit the application form if you find any mistake.
- In the next step, you will be asked to verify your contact details – mobile number and email id.
- Click on the related button and a code will be sent to your mobile number or email id.
- Enter the click on ‘VERIFY’ button.
- Upload the scanned images of your photo and signature.
- Click on ‘FINAL UPLOAD’
- Make fee payment through any of the available options – net banking, credit/debit card, etc.
- When the application form is submitted successfully, you are required to select the date of the examination. Follow the steps to complete the process.
- Take a printout of the confirmation page.
Candidates are advised to keep the username and password safe until the admission process ends.
Note: The above-mentioned steps have tentatively been created based on previous years’ trends. The National Testing Agency will release the notification for filling the JEE Main 2019 application at its official website.
National Testing Agency (NTA) JEE Main:
CBSE, however, is no longer the conducting body of JEE Main. NTA (National Testing Agency) is entitled with the duties of conducting the exam and declaring the result, which ultimately releases the burdens of the Central Board of Secondary Education. Furthermore, NTA will conduct JEE Main twice in a year. NTA JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in the months of January and April.
The JEE Advanced online application form can be completed with the following steps:
- Log on to the official website of JEE Advanced (https://www.jeeadv.ac.in).
- Now candidates need to fulfil the three-stage application process including registration, application form filling and payment of application fee.
- Register using details like name, complete address, email ID and mobile number.
- Remember the login credentials sent on your registered email ID. Use the same and get access to the application form.
- After filling out the application form, remit the registration fee amount as described by the board.
Check this link for registration fee amount