Take Part in Infosys Science Foundation Nutrition Challenge 2018
Infosys Science Foundation Nutrition Challenge is a collaboration of the Infosys Science Foundation (ISF) and the New York Academy of Science (NYAS). Indian students between 13-18 years of age are eligible to apply for this innovation challenge.
About 40% of Indian children suffer from malnutrition - a serious condition causing negative health effects. The main aim of the challenge is to spread awareness for this issue. By participating in this contest, students will not only learn about the causes of the condition but will also find out ways to solve it. ISF is looking for ideas on how to use STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths) skills to fight malnutrition among expectant mothers and children under five years of age living in India.
Infosys Science Foundation Nutrition Challenge 2018 Latest Update: The innovation challenge will begin on 10th September 2018 and the students can submit the solutions till 9th November 2019. ISF will declare the winners in December 2018 while the prize distribution will take place in January 2019. Stay tuned to Exams Planner for more updates.
Infosys Science Foundation Nutrition Challenge: Quick Overview
|Deadline||09 Nov 2018|
|Class / Course||Science|
|Scholarship Type||Skill Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 5 lakhs per team member|
|Age Limit||13 - 18 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Here are the important dates related to the Infosys Science Foundation Innovation Contest: -
10th September 2018
Last Date to Submit Solutions
9th November 2018
Scroll left or right to view full table
Each candidate needs to meet the following criteria to take part in the innovation challenge:-
- The child should be a citizen of India.
- The student should belong to the age bracket of 13 to 18 years. (Birth date between 10 September 2000 and 10 September 2005 )
Benefits under the ISF Nutrition Challenge
The contest offers various rewards to the talented students who reach the finals and ultimately win the challenge. The benefits include: -
- The two top finalist teams, who make the best use of their STEM skills to present a practical solution to the nutrition challenge, will win a trip to Bangalore and become a part of the Infosys Prize ceremony in January 2019.
- The finalist teams will also win a trip to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), to view an exciting sight – the launch of a rocket.
- Each member of the winning team will get a scholarship worth ₹5 lakhs.
How to Apply
Each student needs to sign up to participate in the challenge that starts from 10th September 2018. Follow the steps given below to apply: -
- Go to the sign-up page of the Infosys Science Foundation Challenge.
- Fill up all the necessary details and click on Submit.
- Check the registered email to the link for the consent form.
- Get the form filled from a parent/guardian.
- Each participant will also receive an invitation to join the online launch-pad after signing up.
- After the commencement of the contest on 10th September, the applicant needs to open the launch-pad and submit their entries before the deadline.
Each team has to follow the theme of the challenge – ‘Find a solution to malnutrition for expectant mothers and children less than five years of age in India.’ The panel of judges will check whether or not the applicant has used STEM skills to provide a solution for the issue.
Terms and Conditions
Go through all the terms and conditions before signing up for the contest.
- Students must ensure that they consider different solutions as the adult and infant bodies are different.
- It is a virtual challenge that will on the NYAS– Launch-pad.
- Each team should have 1-6 members.
- Up to 50 mentors trained in one or more STEM skills are available to help and guide the teams.
- Students can reach out to the mentors if and when a need seek guidance arises.