IIT JEE Admit Card for Main and Advanced – Steps to Download the Hall Tickets
The Joint Entrance Examination is conducted for candidates who are seeking admission in undergraduate engineering courses. The test is conducted in two phases - JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The application process for both the phases is completed online, and the admit cards are also issued through the official websites. IIT JEE Admit Cards for Main and Advanced are released by their respective exam conducting authorities on their official websites. It is mandatory to carry the admit cards/hall tickets on the day of examination for entry to the examination hall. Candidates can download the admit cards through their registered ID and password. Here is the complete information on steps to download admit cards and details about JEE Main and Advanced phases. Read on to know more.
IIT JEE Main Admit Card
IIT JEE Main admit card is generally released three weeks before the exam on the official website. CBSE, the exam conducting authority, also provide a help desk in case students face any issue in downloading the admit card. JEE Main admit card can be downloaded through the following steps:
- Go to the official website of JEE Main.
- Find the link to download the admit card.
- Log-in with your application number and password.
- Your admit card will appear, download and take a print out.
IIT JEE Advanced Admit Card
Only those candidates who qualify the JEE Main exam can appear for the JEE Advanced exam. Thus, admit cards are issued only for such candidates. Candidate can download the JEE Advanced admit card with these easy steps:
- Go to the official JEE Advanced website.
- Click on the link to download the admit card.
- Log-in with your details.
- Admit card will appear, download and take a print out.
About the Joint Entrance Examination
The first phase of Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It is conducted for admission to the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). JEE Main is also an eligibility exam for JEE Advanced.
The second phase of the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) is conducted by zonal IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) on rotational-basis. Qualifying the examination makes the candidates eligible for admission to various courses offered by IITs viz. B.Tech., B.S., B.Arch., Dual degree B.Tech.-M.Tech., B.S.-M.S., integrated M.Tech., and integrated M.Sc.
IIT JEE Admit Card – General Instructions
Candidates must keep these important points in mind related to JEE admit cards:
- Carry the admit card on the examination day to the exam venue. It is mandatory for making entry to the examination hall.
- Those who forget to carry the admit card shall not be allowed to appear for the examination under any circumstances.
- Reach the exam venue at least two and half hours before the exam to complete the registration formalities.
- Electronics gadgets such as mobile phones, calculators, etc. are not permitted inside the examination hall.
Important Note: Please retain the original admit card till all the admission formalities are completed.